World Business and Executive Coaches Summit (WBECS) · Aug 9th 2019
Manager, People & Culture - Remote Work (European Based)
Imagine being a leader in the team behind the world’s leading online event for professional
Coaches. Working with the very top thought leaders in Business and Executive Coaching
including professors from Harvard University and leading academic institutes. Working
directly with the coaches of thought leaders like Richard Branson, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk,
NASA, the President of the World Bank and other world leaders. Those are the coaches we
work with personally to help get their amazing thought leadership out to the world and due
to our fast growth we are looking for an exceptional new team member to join us.
Following running the world’s leading online event for coaches with 50 of the top thought
leaders for the coaching industry we then identify one or two of the very best to work with
on an individual project to launch one of their programs to the world. The last project we
worked on was Coach Master Toolkit, see . The
next program, launching later this year, will be working with David Peterson, the Director,
Centre of Expertise, Leadership Development & Executive Coaching.
Our mission at WBECS is to raise the global standard of coaching by providing executive
coaches with the highest quality content available in the industry. WBECS is a growing
remote global workforce; we are truly passionate about our people!
This is not your typical office job. Our passionately engaged team works 100% remote and
collaborates vigorously. "We consider ourselves as a family and here's an inside look at
some of the family fun." The lifestyle design is flexible but full-on and the culture is
fast-paced. We consider our work our “art” and strive for excellence in everything we do.
• Create a one-year People and Culture roadmap, outlining key objectives and
initiatives for the function, including team member recruiting, on-boarding,
engagement, and retention, ensuring alignment with WBECS overall vision,
mission, goals, and values.
Culture and Engagement
• Engage with the leadership team to build a fulfilling and inspiring workplace
experience for our diverse and global team, cultivating a positive experience at
every step of the ‘employee’ journey.
• Create and manage a process for team member feedback and engagement. Provide
analysis and recommendations for improvements based on the team member
feedback. Work with the leadership team to prioritize and implement the
• Enhance the employee experience by improving and maintaining a positive and
inclusive culture of collaboration, continued development, and communication.
• Develop and maintain creative ways for team member introductions,
responsibility explanations, and other methods of organizational
• Lead internal communications through Slack, sending company announcements,
newsletters and ensuring team awareness and engagement with the WBECS brand.
Policies and Documentation
• Organize existing Personnel policies, documents, and templates. Recommend and
draft additional policies and templates as needed. Ensure that each member of the
team is aware of all key policies, and where to find relevant information.
• Maintain all required documentation; create processes and documentation for
hiring managers to help them gather all needed documents.
• Develop and maintain role descriptions for all members of the team ensuring that
all team members are clear what their role is, what everyone else in WBECS does
and how they can progress in their own role.
• Develop and maintain an organizational chart, to show reporting lines and
accountability for tasks within each department.
• Manage and monitor employee absence and performance through CakeHR.
• Keep up-to-date with industry trends, developments and work continuously on own
continued professional development.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Experience
• Love what they do, and have fun doing it!
• 4 to 6 years of HR background with a real passion for the employee experience,
and able to keep regular contact with the team at all levels.
• Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to plan and lead on projects,
develop milestones and meet specific deadlines.
• Strong recruiting experience, with knowledge of effective international and independent contractor recruiting channels and practices
• Experience with creating, reviewing and implementing policies and guidelines in a friendly and team-focused way
• Strong attention to detail, ability to create and maintain documentation and systems
related to people processes and management requirements
• Experience building and maintaining strong, cohesive cultures and team
member engagement in a distributed workforce
• Experience guiding team members and managers regarding common
personnel, management, and other sensitive issues
• Experience coaching team members and working with managers to improve team and
manager effectiveness, and team member performance
• Experience working with a diverse, multi-national, millennial workforce
• Located in, or willing to regularly work during core European business hours
• Have, or are willing to develop the ability to collaborate with, and inspire those around them
• A strong commitment to doing what’s right, ethical, and can maintain confidentiality
• Have a strong professional presence, bold and purposeful
• Ability to be highly flexible, and adaptable, with a bias toward action, and timely
accomplishment of key tasks
• Have knowledge/understanding of Slack, Gmail, Google Drive, HRIS and Asana.
3 direct references from current or immediately previous role
Competitive with bonuses and unlimited growth opportunities.
PLUS the most unique work environment that includes bonuses in the form of amazing
trips to countries like Costa Rica, Thailand, Croatia, and beyond as a reward for successful
Most importantly you will be working with our team that considers itself a family of people
who will welcome you with open arms.
1. Answers to the questions listed here: Questionnaire for People & Culture Manager
2. A cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this role and this epic team
3. Your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Manager, People & Culture
Note: Applicants, who do not submit a cover letter, complete and submit the
questionnaire with their application will not be considered.
This position is 100% remote as we are a global team! Primary working hours are US Eastern
Time-based and will require exible hours during program launches.
We will be setting up interviews immediately. Thank you!