***Note: Location for this role is flexible within the USA***
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a talented, self-directed Sr. Developer Advocate to drive adoption and community engagement AWS App Mesh. In addition to App Mesh, the Container Services team builds and operates services such as Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), and AWS Fargate, that make it easy for customers to run container based applications and microservices in production. In this role, you’ll combine your passion and enthusiasm for developers with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for container technology among developers, technologists, and key industry opinion makers.
Ideally, you are someone who can write code with the best of them, but get great satisfaction from guiding developers and enterprises towards a technology you strongly believe in. You have immediate credibility with developers evidenced by your following on mediums such as GitHub, Twitter, and Medium, but are equally comfortable working with decision makers at large enterprises. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive adoption of App Mesh and other container technologies
- Actively participating in service mesh and related open source projects and being a member of the open source community
- Collaborating with internal teams to identify product gaps and define new features/services, influence the product roadmap, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
- Creating webcasts, running Twitch office hours, and developing tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
- Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media and technology channels relevant to developers
- Representing AWS/Containers/App Mesh as a panelist/keynote speaker at meetups, and relevant technology/industry conferences
- Bachelors degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- 7+ years in the technology industry in a technical, product management, or evangelism/developer advocacy role
- 5+ years as a software development engineer or devops engineer
- 2+ years hands on experience with Linux containers, in particular docker and kubernetes
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers is a must
- A willingness to work remotely, autonomously, and travel are a must
- Masters degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline.
- Active contributor to open source projects
- 2+ years hands on experience with container management platforms
- Experience with service mesh technologies
- 2+ years speaking at technology conferences, meetups to a technical audience with high scores
- Demonstrable following in social and technical channels such as Twitter, YouTube, GitHub, and Twitch
The post Senior Developer Advocate appeared first on Jobspresso.