Amida Technology Solutions is a DC-based technology company focused on solutions for data interoperability, data utility, and data security. We create open source solutions that collect, reconcile, transform, and standardize data for business intelligence, predictive analytics, decision support, and user transactions. We specialize in taking data from inception to impact.
Our team is comprised of creative, forward thinkers who are passionate about using cutting edge technology to make a difference in people's lives and have a positive impact on our country. We offer an entrepreneurial, high growth environment that values fresh ideas, candid conversations, and authentic teamwork.
Amida is currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our team in Washington DC or from a remote location within the continental US. In this role you will work across our client engagements, providing expertise in data collection, data analysis, data mapping, data profiling, data mining and data modeling. You will be responsible for inspecting, cleansing, transforming and modeling data and will address issues related to data completeness and quality, as well as contribute to and produce technical and data process documentation.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare and conduct analyses and studies, needs assessment, and requirements analysis to align systems and solutions
- Apply analytical methodologies and principles to meet client needs.
- Prepare forecast and analyze trends, develops and analyzes metrics, and prepares reports and recommendations related to management.
- You will also be responsible for focusing on business performance, project analysis, internal control, risk assessment, and support of project objectives.
What we are looking for:
- B.S. and/or M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Minimum 3-5 year of recent professional experience in data science, data mining and/or data analysis
- Experience in data migration to include data mapping and data profiling
- Prior experience working with Healthcare data, or in the Healthcare field
- Ability to conduct data profiling and predictive analysis using a variety of standard tools
- Programming proficiency in a subset of Python
- Experience with data visualization tools and methodologies
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively with software engineers and clients
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud-based systems
- Previous experience working with government clients such as Dept. of Defense (DoD) or Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Prior experience with metadata management to include meta tagging
- Previous experience working in an Agile Team setting and using Agile management tools such as Jira
- Experience with machine learning, natural language, and statistical analysis methods to include classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and/or validation methods