Shorthand is a growing company that provides a digital publishing platform to many of the world’s best known publishers, brands, not-for-profits, and universities. With customers on every continent (except Antarctica!), there’s never been a more exciting time to join Shorthand. Our company has the rare distinction in this era of money-burning startups of being both investor-backed and comfortably profitable.
We set a high bar for quality in our product and services, and as our platform has grown beyond the ability of the existing team to carry out QA on top of their core tasks, the role of Quality Assurance Engineer is critical to maintaining the high expectations we set for ourselves. The Role We tend to do things a little differently at Shorthand. For one thing, we’re a small team distributed around the world. We’ll happily take applications from anywhere on the planet but with a few conditions: 1) must be fluent in English 2) can be online from 9am-12noon Brisbane time to collaborate with the team.
This role reports to the Lead Software Engineer, and you will work closely with the designers, engineers and product managers responsible for delivering our product.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has an extremely high bar for quality.
- Is thorough and detail-oriented.
- Enjoys structure.
- Has great communication skills, particularly with respect to writing.
- Gains deep satisfaction from helping to make products better.
- Can learn fast.
- Has prior experience with manual quality assurance.
- Is able to triage a competing set of priorities to obtain an optimal outcome.
- Has experience of working in a small business or startup environment.
- Preferably has experience collaborating with diverse, geographically-dispersed teams.
- Own QA for Shorthand.
- Become expert in the use of Shorthand.
- Be an advocate of testing and a testing pioneer for Shorthand.
- Monitor all QA activities, identify areas for improvement and implement the steps required to improve the process (e.g., through automation and other tools).
- Manual cross-browser and cross-device testing including functional, integration, regression, user acceptance and deployment verification testing.
- Report issues (bugs and UI/UX problems) found in our products, including steps to reproduce those issues.
- Gather and present test metrics at All Hands and other meetings.
- Create and update test documentation that can be followed by you and other members of the team.
- Communicate with the customer support team and customers to suggest temporary solutions to issues.
- Participate in product feature ideation and provide comments and thoughts on product improvement.
- Assist in the creation of product documentation when required.
- A minimum 2 years of experience in a manual QA Engineer role or similar.
- General experience in configuring and using software tools.
- Experience with GitHub Issues is desirable.
- A relevant university qualification is a bonus.
- Experience with remote work.
- Loves creative writing, journalism, photography or graphic design.
- You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- You are organised and enjoy structure.
- You are collaborative.
- You gain satisfaction from finding problems and happiness when those problems are properly solved.