Headquarters: Dublin, Ireland & Las Vegas, USA URL: http://NA
We are excited to begin the search for a full stack Ruby-on-Rails developer who is confident in their technical ability. We're looking for someone excited to work in a fast-paced international environment. Someone who brings their own creative ideas to the table and has the ambition to create innovative technical solutions. This role would be working with a small team of experienced developers on creating and updating existing e-commerce SaaS applications.
This position is fully remote, and would be working closely with established members of the team in Eastern Europe, Ireland, and the US.
$35-50 USD/hour. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Evaluate existing solutions, update and add new features to our current platform
- Develop high performing applications with simple, clean, efficient, maintainable code
- Participate in development process with Continuous Integration and Rspec testing
- Have a passion for technology in all its forms - enjoy change and rapid development
- Use a variety of programming languages and development tools to build, test, and implement, including but not limited to Ruby on Rails
Qualifications & Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rails (7+ years working in a professional environment)
- Advanced overall knowledge of web design/application principles and tools, programming concepts, and software development cycles
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences
- A well-rounded skill set with a proven track record of writing simple-yet-complicated code that scales and is secure
- Problem solving ability
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills along with prioritization of duties
- Ability to work productively with little supervision and communicate effectively and regularly with an international team
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 7 years working with Ruby-On-Rails at an advanced level
- Our Rails applications are built upon Sidekiq, Postgres and Heroku. Knowledge of each of these are a bonus.