Headquarters: Boulder, CO URL: http://www.teamsnap.com
Here at TeamSnap we believe that who you work with is just as important as the work you do. We know that culture matters and to build and sustain a strong culture means we need a strong and dedicated team to support these efforts. To continue building our strong culture, we are expanding our people team as we seek to add an experienced and driven Senior HR Generalist (we call it a Sr. People Experience Generalist) to help identify, develop and retain top talent here at TeamSnap. The Senior HR Generalist will be tasked with being the internal champion of TeamSnap recruiting efforts, building and nurturing relationships with team members and managers alike, and identifying where human resources practices can be leveraged to support the business strategies and challenges.
TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
Here at TeamSnap we’re building a PX team that meets the needs of all employees from top to bottom and across every function. Our goal is to not only recruit the best talent possible, but to nurture and develop them throughout the entire employee life cycle. This role will:
- Function as our recruiting champion recruiting process from sourcing, screening, interviewing, negotiating offers, and coordinating with contractors and/or consultants who support our recruiting efforts.
- Ensure the appropriate HR processes are in place to meet compliance requirements and continually strive to improve processes to better streamline operational efficiencies.
- Partner and advise people leaders and team members on HR related policies, programs, and procedures.
- Recommends HR approaches and strategies to continually improve departmental efficiency.
- Support HR programs such as benefits, performance reviews, compensation, and learning & development.
- Investigate, resolve and coach managers on employee relations issues.
- Assist with offboarding and other responsibilities related to terminations.
- Conduct exit interviews and assist in creating effective retention strategies.
- Maintain employee files and compile reports concerning data such as hires, transfers, performance, etc.
- Perform presentations on HR compliance topics to ensure the company is in adherence to HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assist with identifying and arranging training needs for employee development.
- Understands and ensures compliance with federal, state and local HR requirements; communicating potential changes, and advising leadership on needed actions.
Some things that are important:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in human resources
- Effective team player and multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize multiple streams of work from multiple sources without sacrificing quality
- Progressive recruiting experience is a must
- Has the balance of owning the work, but also playing as a team
- Well versed in federal, state, and local laws and guidelines relating to employment practices
- Developed knowledge of HR policies and processes
- Sense of humor is essential, we work hard so we make sure we have fun doing it
- Appreciates and facilitates the link between HR and business strategy
- Ability to identify needs within the business that require HR support
- Experience building and scaling a rapidly growing team
- Comfortable providing coaching and feedback to all levels
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal communication skills
Other things that would be nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Professional certification in HR (SHRM or HCI)
- Experience working for a fully remote organization
- Past work with rapidly scaling SaaS startups
- Experience working with remote and distributed teams
- Be a TeamSnap user (sign up for a free trial to see what we’re about)
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Doolittle-style
REMOTE POSITION: We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.