World Business and Executive Coaches Summit (WBECS) · Jun 28th 2019
Imagine being a key part of the team behind the world’s largest online event for professional
Coaches. The World Business & Executive Coach Summit (WBECS) takes place every year and is
highly regarded by coaching professionals worldwide.
You’d be working with those who coach the elite of the business world - names like Richard
Branson, Steve Jobs, and Elon Musk. Development experts who guide companies like NASA and
World Bank to greatness - those are the coaches we work with personally to help get their amazing
thought leadership out to the world.
Due to our fast growth, we are looking for an exceptional new Copywriter to join us.
We run the largest online event for coaches (www.wbecs.com) with 50 of the top thought leaders
for the coaching industry, and in addition to this, we also launch individual programmes such as
Narrative Coach and Conversational Intelligence for Coaches. We also have a philanthropic mission,
which takes the form of EthicalCoach (www.ethicalcoach.org).
W O R L D B U S I N E S S A N D E X E C U T I V E C O A C H S U M M I T G R O U P
Our Mission and our Culture
Our mission at WBECS is to raise the global standard of coaching by providing executive coaches
with the highest quality content available in the industry. WBECS is a growing remote global
workforce, we are truly passionate about our people!
This is not your typical office job. Our passionately-engaged, global team works 100% remotely and
collaborates vigorously. The lifestyle design is flexible but full on; and the culture is fast-paced. We
consider our work our “art”, striving for excellence in everything we do. "We consider ourselves as
family and here's an inside look at some of the family fun." The lifestyle design is flexible, but full
on and the culture is fast-paced. We consider our work our “art” and strive for excellence in
everything we do.
Adjacent to the annual Summit event, WBECS runs a number of learning programs in collaboration
with some of the coaching industry’s most respected and revered principle players:
• Coach Master Toolkit© (CMT) with Andrew Neitlich
• Narrative Coach (NC) with Dr. David Drake
• Conversational Intelligence® for Coaches (C-IQ) with the late, great Judith E. Glaser
• Coaching with Return on Investment (ROI) with Lisa Ann Edwards
• EthicalCoach (EC) - our non-profit initiative with a team including Marshall Goldsmith
Each of these programs/projects has its own, subtly-nuanced tone of voice, which, as our new
Copywriter, you would have to learn to adapt and adhere to.
Our Tone of Voice
The tone we wish to strike with our coaching community is warm, friendly and inviting. We pride
ourselves on not patronizing our audience. Our copy is designed to make the coach the star - not
ourselves. Sentences are concise - we try not to string too many thoughts together at once to
illustrate our clear intent and the benefits they will enjoy. The content we write talks to our coaches
- not at them. This creates a sense of intelligent, educated people in conversation with one another.
An overview of working for us
Our busiest times are always when we are about to launch a new program or event. A lot of materials
need to be written and prepared weeks in advance of the launch date. This is when you will find
your ‘To Do’ list runs pretty high. For example, for the relaunch of Narrative Coach in early 2019, a
total of 163 emails needed to be drafted. Not to mention accompanying web pages, social media
posts, blog posts and so on - and that is just one program. As well as our existing programs and
events, we are also piloting and planning to launch new ones too.
We will ask you to work hard, fast and to the best of your ability. As long as you are fully prepared
to do that, you will find working for WBECS very rewarding. Perks far outweigh the pitfalls. We
gather together once a year for our annual Company Retreat, giving you the opportunity to travel to
some spectacular locations. We offer the flexibility of remote working, to become a part of a
diverse, global team, and a competitive salary.
Summary of the Copywriter Role
Working closely with the Marketing Director and Lead Copywriter, you’ll be a master wordsmith
responsible for creating engaging copy for web pages, emails, social media and other marketing
materials across our full range of programs. Fast-paced work with quick turnarounds, you’ll be
flexible, creative and innovative.
The Ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a diverse team. They will be confident, with
excellent communication skills and a keen grasp on the written word. Copywriting experience is
essential. The ability to edit and proofread both their own work and the work of others is also highly
• Write clear and attractive content that reflects our brand’s voice, and that converts traffic at
a high rate
• Collaborate with the Marketing Team to develop a variety of content marketing materials
• Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines and captures our
• Interpret creative direction and briefs into persuasive copy concepts
• Edit and proofread copy as needed
• Use SEO principles to maximize the reach of our copy
• Simultaneously manage work across multiple projects with various deadlines
• Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to the Marketing Director
NB: The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to
undertake any such tasks as may be reasonably expected.
• Love what they do, and have fun doing it!
• Have a background in producing copy for digital channels including direct-response
• Understand SEO concepts, and how to best produce copy achieve SEO goals
• Possess a keen eye for detail - experience in writing direct-response copy
• Able to stay up-to-date on the latest sales psychology
• Have knowledge/understanding of Slack, Gmail, Google Drive, HRIS and Asana
• Fluent in English
• Strong Internet connection
• Punctual and reliable
• Team Player
• Flexibility to work with multiple time zones
Perks, Benefits, and Compensation
• Competitive Salary
• Annual All-Team Retreat
• Opportunities to travel
• The flexibility of working remotely from home
If you think this sounds like you and are interested in applying for the role,
1. A cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this role and this epic team
2. Your resume to Colleen@wbecs.com with the subject line: Copywriter
Applicants who do not submit a cover letter with their application will not be considered.
This position is 100% remote as we are a global team! Primary working hours are US Eastern
Time-based and will require flexible hours during program launches.
We will be setting up interviews immediately. Thank you!