Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 150 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it’s like to work at Healthline Media.
GPTW review / Top 5 in Ad Age’s Best Places to Work / LinkedIn
We are flexile to have this coordinator be located in our SF, NY, or even their remote home office
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Medical Affairs team is a horizontal function providing services across Healthline Media’s operations. Our charter is to represent the field of medicine with dignity and professionalism, to provide service to our Healthline team members in a collaborative environment of mutual trust and respect, and, most importantly, to ensure that all Healthline content, products and services continue to uphold the highest medical integrity as we continue to establish Healthline as a trusted, authoritative brand that we proudly stand behind.
The Medical team consists of seven key members plus 150+ practicing MDs who serve as Medical Reviewers and Advisors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Coordinate assignments and status updates for the Medical Surveillance initiative, which ensure Healthline and Medical News Today content is accurate, up-to-date, and follows the latest standards of care.
- Support the management of surveillance of updates in healthcare, including changes related to guidelines, drug changes, recommendations, conference highlights, etc.
- Conduct medical research for internal stakeholders, resulting in condition overviews and other deliverables
- Manage freelancer process, including vetting, onboarding, assignments, and auditing.
- Support conscious language research, surveillance, and processes to ensure adoption of empathetic, non-stigmatizing language company-wide
- Support coordination of physician recruitment efforts
- Work on ad hoc projects that require in-house medical expertise, insights, and/or research
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Organized and great with processes and project management
- Punctual and consistent
- Experience with project management tools and applications
- Ability to work in collaborative manner interdepartmentally with multiple teams that are geographically distributed
- Familiarity with sources of evidence-based medical information, key conferences in medicine, and news sources
- Skilled at performing research, preferably related to medical topics, in the setting of quick turn-around
- Degree or experience in a health-related field preferred
- Availability to produce research and editorial-related tasks on deadline
- Familiarity with conscious language and its importance in healthcare
THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You’re highly organized, motivated, and excited to find ways to make processes more efficient
- You have a knack for research and strong attention to detail
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT HEALTHLINE
- You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and mindset at Healthline – because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world. These are some of the things that are important to us:
- We own our holistic health and are committed to joyful, healthful lives
- We listen, commit to inclusion, and work to empathize with our co-workers and with everyone in pursuit of health and well-being
- We take accountability for our work and our team’s results
- Continuous improvement in our work and our ability to realize our vision requires passion for innovation, a willingness to fail, and the discipline to measure
- New ideas and different perspectives make us better allies for each person who turns to Healthline
- Also, we’ve got cozy canine companions in the SF office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages, one day/week remote option and comprehensive health benefits
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.
The post Medical Affairs Coordinator appeared first on Jobspresso.