Headquarters: LA URL: http://howtogettheguy.com
Freelance Marketing Copywriter (Dating + Confidence)
A great working relationship is a lot like a great first date.
The chemistry is right, you can finish one another’s sentences, and it’s clear you’re both interested in a long-term relationship.
We’re the #1 dating and relationship advice site for women, and we’re looking for a superstar junior copywriter to join our team.
Could YOU be our perfect match?
THE ROLE INVOLVES...
- Writing marketing emails to promote our digital programs and live events
- Updating existing marketing email sequences for monthly program relaunches
- Creating opt-in, cross-sell and upsell copy
- Writing autoresponder, retention and hotlist sequences for our marketing funnels
- Other fun and exciting projects we haven’t even thought of yet
YOU’RE PERFECT FOR THIS JOB IF YOU…
- Have 2+ years of experience writing marketing copy
- Can write compelling subject lines, killer headlines, and clickable calls-to-action in your sleep
- Wear the nickname “Grammar Nerd” like a badge of honor, yet have the savvy to know when to break the rules
- Enjoy collaborating but are at your best working independently once you’ve been trained
- Have a flexible, positive attitude toward the feedback/revision process
WHY THIS IS AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU…
- You get to write about dating and relationships! (Take THAT, boring financial copywriting gig)
- Our company is growing fast - this is your chance to jump in and grow with it
- Do something positive - help people find love and happiness
- Be a part of a fun, upbeat culture where we treat one another with respect and promote personal growth
- Our team values great ideas and moves fast to implement them
- Long-term steady opportunity (5-10 hrs/wk to start, more possible) as an independent contractor
- Flexible work hours - we’ll need you to have some overlap with and ability to attend team meetings in Eastern Time hours, especially between 11 AM - 3 PM
WHO WE ARE
Get the Guy is an online dating and relationship advice company, helmed by New York Times bestselling author and expert coach Matthew Hussey. Through his massively popular YouTube videos (1.7m+ subscribers), digital programs and sold-out live events, Matthew helps women transform their confidence to get the results they want in their love lives - and their whole lives.
IF YOU THINK YOU’RE “THE ONE,” THEN...
==> Send us an email at: email@example.com
Do not attach your resume - a generic resume doesn’t tell us why you’re right for this role nor does it tell us what gets you excited about what you do.
In the body of your response (not an attachment), please share with us:
- Your relevant skills and accomplishments in a few short paragraphs.
- Links to two marketing writing samples, preferably one long and one short form (if you have PDFs or files that require attaching, please let us know in your letter and we’ll request them if we’d like to see them)
- Which of Matthew Hussey’s YouTube videos you like best and why.
You’ll be first-round screening with our does-it-all Operations & Editorial Strategist, Rachael Mare. Her favorite color is blue, so she'd love it if you also put the word blue somewhere in your subject line when sending your letter.
Looking forward to meeting you!
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org