Headquarters: Orange County, CA URL:
Who We Are & What We Do
Truvani is a health and wellness brand that has one clear mission: create products people use in their daily lives with CLEAN ingredients.
Many companies claim it. We actually mean it.
Our co-founder Vani Hari, better known as The Food Babe, started out as an activist who wanted to hold big companies accountable for what they put into their products. And she made tremendous progress with the help of her online following dubbed "The Food Babe Army."
But after years of fighting, she realized that the only way to make a truly lasting change in the food system is to compete with these big companies head-to-head.
So, she launched Truvani. We are a fast paced, high-growth health and wellness company that is looking to work with talented, ambitious people who want to create the best health and wellness products.
About The Position
Truvani is looking for a Director of Sales to join our team. You’ll be responsible for expanding distribution in the US, aligned with the national sales strategy. By delivering best in class new product launches, sales planning and customer engagement, you will be playing a vital role in the growth of Truvani.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Experience in the Grocery and Natural Channels (including but not limited to: Hannaford, Earth Fare, Giant Eagle Safeway) with CPG selling background in dry grocery
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts along with the leading brokers and distributors (KeHE, UNFI, DPI) servicing these channels
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word)
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an autonomous, hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable & resourceful with a pioneering spirit
- Proficient in Data Tools (SPINS, Nielsen, Retailer Portals), Microsoft Excel and Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc.)
- Ability to travel extensively
Your Responsibilities Include
- Directly call on major retailer’s headquarters
- Build a strategic and collaborative annual trade promotion calendar for retail customers
- Identify and execute on opportunities to expand the sales of Truvani across all Channels
- Request and analyze distribution reports to determine market coverage and opportunities for future growth
- Set performance expectations and manage all appointed brokers and distributors to achieve quality distribution in targeted accounts, timely execution of new item introductions, schematic implementation and promotional programming and ensure that they have all necessary resources required to succeed in the market place (e.g., product samples, sell sheets, promotional calendars, etc.)
- Attend trade shows to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities
- Identify opportunities to build strong connections with key individuals and form meaningful and impactful relationships to continue to drive growth, beyond distribution
- Offer strategic direction, guidance, and support to brokerage teams that align with Truvani business goals
- Conduct store audits (with broker management and/or field sales reps where possible) to ensure merchandising standards are adhered to and promotional programming is being executed
- Assist in the implementation, training, and auditing of brokerage teams and distributor territory reps to execute sell in and sell through initiatives
- Utilize existing resources to run sales reports and analysis to support future sales initiatives and decisions
- Manage relationships with key distributor buyers and supporting teams in the region
The Nitty Gritty
- Full time market-based compensation based on experience
- Health benefits offered after 60 days
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Position is available immediately and will remain open until filled
- This is a permanent position with an opportunity to grow within the company (so we would like to hire someone that is awesome and is excited about being a part of our team).