This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America.
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades.
- Develop and maintain core framework and key software components for the Kraken trading engine
- Build and design solutions that mitigate risk, implement security, and protect both systems and data
- Improve site performance by designing and implementing low-latency and high-availability applications
- Construct dynamically scaleable platforms capable of heavy transaction volume
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to product roadmap accomplishments
- Prior experience in at least one of the following using Linux - distributed and/or highly-concurrent systems; low-latency and/or high-volume transaction environments
- 5+ years experience working with C++
- Previous experience building Matching Engine technology
- A proven track record in FX and Margin trading
- Demonstrated knowledge of Risk Management
- High level of proficiency in Python, Java, and SQL strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced order types, trading systems, and financial products
- Experience engineering for cloud systems (AWS, Google and/or Microsoft)
- Cryptocurrency/Blockchain familiarity highly preferable
- Proactive mindset with the ability to both prioritize tasks and adhere to aggressive deadlines
- Work collaboratively on a distributed team leveraging soft skills to effectively communicate and engage with stakeholders
- BS in a technical or quantitative field
Check out all our open roles at . We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.