Headquarters: San Francisco, CA URL: http://www.circleci.com
As a Solutions Engineer at CircleCI, you will be the customer’s trusted technical advisor throughout the sales process. You’ll provide hands-on support for cloud-based and single tenant deployment and product guidance with CircleCI’s largest customers.
*This is a remote role that can be based either in the UK, Ireland or Germany. Candidate must be willing to travel frequently to London
About Sales Solutions at CircleCI
Our Solutions Engineers have a strong understanding of the developer community and are able to confidently communicate with and provide first class support to developers, DevOps leads, and architects.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 12M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures. What you’ll do:
What we’re looking for:
- Serve as the technical lead and owner of technical deal strategy
- Collaborate with Account Executive to identify and uncover customer business goals, needs, and pains, and work to show how CircleCI can address them
- Lead the technical implementation and day-to-day management of CircleCI Demonstrations and Trials, integrated into our customer’s technology stack - ensuring early customer success and a long-term business relationship
- Prove the technical feasibility of the CircleCI platform to highly technical and developer audiences
- Stay on top of industry news, technology products, platforms, new CircleCI features, and partners to ensure you and your team provide and maintain a deep industry and ecosystem expertise
- Identify areas of potential improvement in our sales efforts, and then work to improve them. This could be high level strategy, daily tactical efforts, or down in the weeks of creating documentation or how to videos
- Custom development and launch of new sales products and customer integrations to our internal teams and customer community
- Partner closely with our customer success teams to ensure continuity of an amazing customer experience - for life
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to help influence product roadmap based on market/customer requirements
- Provide technical responses to RFPs and RFIs
- World class presentation skills. You feel comfortable leading presentations and demos of our platform to groups, both technical and non-technical, in-person and virtually
- Work with customers directly to debug common errors without involving an engineer
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- You have spent a decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- You know how to work with Git in general and ideally GitHub in particular
- You’ve thrown together an app or two in a high-level programming language
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We do not oversell at CircleCI
- Strong ops/infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation
- Knowledge of Docker or Linux containers in general
- Experience with popular web app frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django) and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resume and tell us what inspires you and why you think you’re a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) we’d love to hear about it.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.