Headquarters: Remote Worldwide URL:
Dataquest is an interactive online learning platform for data science. We’re passionate about helping students go from 0 to job ready. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We are searching for a Technical Success Lead to ensure our students are receiving exceptional support through their technical challenges.
Who Should Apply?
We’re looking for a Technical Success Lead with a basic understanding of Python and SQL concepts and syntax. You should enjoy building long-term relationships with students and mentoring them on their learning journey. Ideally, you have a passion for identifying and analyzing metrics, which will help you to evaluate and optimize the Student Success strategy for the improvement of our students’ learning experience.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Mentor other Student Success Specialists to provide quality and consistent help to our students.
- Coach other Student Success Specialists to best prioritize, tag, and answer technical questions from students.
- Determine what the student experience inside courses looks like, and help create documentation that addresses and alleviates their pain points.
- Prioritize, reproduce, and document bug tickets reported by students.
- Identify opportunities to improve our community and knowledge base articles.
- Use metrics to define one source of truth for success data.
- Respond to site outages by proactively messaging students to decrease reactive response needs.
- Create a weekly feedback report that can be shared company-wide for product improvements.
- Suggest tutorial topics to the marketing team that will help support the technical needs of students.
- Identify and help to improve key product gaps.
- Improve our student-facing knowledge base.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding prioritization and time management skills.
- Basic understanding of concepts in Python and SQL, very little tactical experience.
- Customer/Client support or community moderation experience.
- The ability to give and receive feedback gracefully.
- Experience collaborating and exchanging information with technical and non-technical teams.
- A high level of English fluency (written and spoken).
- A healthy curiosity for deeper understanding into reported bugs and student experience.
- Passion for education and data science.
Nice to Have:
- Experience as a customer/client or student success team lead.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Experience providing support for an e-learning platform.
- Experience navigating within Discourse or other community platform.
- Familiarity with the Dataquest learning platform and community.
You’ll Work Closely With:
Why You Should Work at Dataquest:
- The opportunity to see your impact on the lives of our students every day.
- Be a part of an engaged and mission-driven team.
- A diverse and inclusive team -- bring your whole self to work.
- The chance to contribute to product direction and decisions.
- We’re fully remote!
- A supportive environment where you can get help when you run into blockers.
- Flexible vacation and sick leave.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (for full-time US-based employees only).
- 401(k) and life insurance plan. (for full-time US-based employees only).