Poll Everywhere is a 60-person, rapidly growing startup. Our company turns a presentation into a two-way conversation. Audiences can use their own mobile devices to vote, submit ideas, or engage in competitions – every activity changes the presenter’s slides in real time. We’re proud to be self-funded and thriving. Over 75% of the Fortune 1,000 use us to engage their audiences. We have millions of presenters, educators, and corporate learning professionals using our product globally.
The QA Automation Engineer role is critical to delivering on our promise to presenters, instructors, and event organizers. People take a risk by introducing live polling to their presentations and the quality of our software needs to give them confidence. If we ship a bug that ruins a presentation even once, we lose a customer.
Want to see how we build software? Check out our playbook.
What you’ll do
- Refine manual tests and automate common test cases with automated scripts. Work with teams to test upcoming releases, and with our functional leaders and support teams with continuous coverage of our core product.
- Manage multiple testing projects and coordinate efficient test schedules.
- Evaluate manual and automated test coverage on an ongoing basis. Implement highest priority enhancements based on frequency of test and likelihood of regression.
- Inspire in the product team empathy for presenters using Poll Everywhere live on stage in front of large audiences.
- Perform exploratory testing, identifying areas to be tested.
- Learn the best tools and techniques for QA automation. Figure out which fit Poll Everywhere best, and put them into practice.
- Eliminate rote testing tasks with automated tests so that we can move more quickly with high confidence in the stability of the system.
What we’d like to see on your resume
- 4+ years of experience in a QA automation role.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails and Node.js web applications.
- Comfort building automated tests to run with Continuous Integration tools like CircleCI and Bamboo.
- Background with cross browser testing(mobile and desktop) and setting up VMs with various system and browser configurations.
- Experience with BrowserStack, SauceLabs, or other tools to test a large variety of browser configurations.
- A track record building automation frameworks, writing reliable and maintainable automated tests.
- Familiarity testing native clients on desktop and mobile platforms(Android or iOS) utilizing both physical devices and running on simulators / emulators.
- History working in Unix environments with git.
Bonus points if you have
- Have experience with Ruby or Node.js based testing libraries including Capybara, RSpec, PhantomJS, Nightmare, CasperJS, Cypress.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits available
- Stock options negotiable
- A bunch of office perks
Principals only, please. We aren’t using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Poll Everywhere is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The post QA Automation Engineer appeared first on Jobspresso.