TED is a critically acclaimed, award-winning conference and website featuring inspiring talks from the world’s leading thinkers and doers. Since 2006, TED Talks have been watched more than four billion times worldwide and drawn best-in-class sponsors and partnerships. We pride ourselves on combining intelligent, forward-thinking content with leading-edge technology and intuitive design. And we’re hiring!
We’re looking for an experienced Front-End Engineer that will be responsible for the public and user-facing experiences that power a lasting archive of ideas. You will work directly with experienced designers and product owners to take new features from conception to production.
This is a remote position.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Experienced with modern application development frameworks and video streaming technologies
- Curious and knowledgeable about the leading edge web technologies and frameworks
- Works well in an iterative development process
- A self-starter who can manage one’s own time and project workload
- Ability to balance negotiations between doing it right and doing it fast
- Values cross-functional collaboration
- Values a diverse workplace
- Analyze user requirements and design solutions for new features
- Design tools and libraries that will be used by other front-end engineers and company-wide
- Manage and monitor front-end testing, performance, and code quality
- Influence and guide the direction of our products and front-end technology
- Experiment with new technologies and share discoveries with the team
- Foster growth and support other front-end engineers through constructive, collaborative code reviews
- Clearly communicate technical constraints and opportunities with stakeholders
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure the overall effectiveness of position
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned from time to time
- General: Office environment or home office
- Physical: Repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Mental/Visual: Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; work involves performing tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Computer Software, etc.:
- Ability to use common office equipment such as telephone, computer, and copier
- Computer programs to include MS Office, Mac programs, Google Docs, functional related databases
- Travel: Upon request / as needed
TED Conferences LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume.
The post Senior Front-End Engineer appeared first on Jobspresso.