Headquarters: Glen Allen, VA URL:
Decisiv is looking for talented support engineers to work remotely and help us support our customers as we simultaneously grow our customer base outside of North America and update/expand our platform and its underlying technology stack.
We need great people to support Decisiv’s cloud-based Service Relationship Management (SRM) platform outside of North America as our Support team evolves from a co-located, startup-style, North-America-only team to a highly-professional, remote-first, worldwide Support organization.
What You’ll Be Doing
Decisiv Support is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first team, so you'll likely acquire experience on a variety of technologies and support situations while working with us. Here are some things you're likely to do as a Support Engineer:
- Handle our customers' hardest, most complex technical problems and questions via email, telephone, live chat, or video
- Support Decisiv's APIs and integrations, troubleshooting and resolving problems with both customers and third-party developers
- Work as a key member of our Incident Response Team, troubleshooting production incidents, collaborating with Decisiv's Engineering Operations, Quality Assurance, and related teams to resolve them, and communicating status to Decisiv's end user community
- Creating written and audio-visual content that help customers and third-party developers quickly understand and use Decisiv products.
- Experience with:
- Enterprise B2B SaaS architecture and concepts
- Third-party developer and integration partner programs, especially technical support for APIs
- 2+ years of technical support experience in a comparable enterprise B2B SaaS technology environment
- Ability to clearly articulate complex thoughts in any situation, from having a technical discussion with an operations engineer to working with a non-technical end user
- Ability to manage time and prioritize efficiently
- Experience creating ‘How To’ videos, knowledge base articles, application walk-throughs, or other, similar content
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Routine, reliable access to an appropriate work environment:
- A location where you can take telephone & video calls and record high-quality video & audio without interruption, distraction, or background noise
- A strong, stable broadband internet connection that can handle simultaneous Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) calls, streaming video, and comparable high-bandwidth applications (typically, 8 Mbps upload / 1.5 Mbps download at a minimum)
- Work and “On-Call” schedule availability:
- Working 40 hours per week within Decisiv’s current Support business hours (all times local and subject to change):
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Saturday, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Note: individual work schedules can be flexible)
- Being “On-Call” for select nights and weekends (typically, one weekend every other month) to respond to production incidents or escalated customer issues
- Proficient spoken and written communication skills in American English
- Located full-time in one of the following time zones :
- Central Time
- Mountain Time
- Pacific Time
- Japan Standard Time
- Proficient spoken and written communication skills beyond American English in one of the following languages: French (Canadian or Continental), Japanese, or Swedish.
- Experience with Decisiv Support’s technology stack (e.g., Zendesk, github, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Zoom, AWS, Instana, Pager Duty, StatusPage.io, Pendo.io)
Why work with us?
We are a growing, “mature startup” focused on ecosystem building (i.e., we’re not a flash in the pan that’ll be gone next year). We invest in robust technology and processes that help our customers be successful running their own operations.
Our Support group is a tight-knit, scrappy team that’s fixated on helping our users succeed with our SRM platform. We value empathy, selflessness, action, transparency, clarity, process, and results. We invest in our team through get-togethers, individual and group learning, conferences, and experimenting. We believe in bringing a diversity of experiences, knowledge, viewpoints, and voices to our team as we transform into a worldwide Support organization.
How to Apply
Does the Support Engineer role seem like a good fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Applying is easy. Just submit the following with your application:
- Your most current resume, including months/years of employment for each position, highlighting relevant experience
- An eye-catching cover letter (see below)
While applying is pretty easy, standing out among hundreds of candidates does take effort. You see, it’s pretty hard (and very time consuming) for us to find the truly great candidates, so we ask you to make it really obvious to us just how amazing you truly are. The easiest way to do that is to address the following questions/topics in your cover letter:
- What three skills or experiences in your professional history make you a fit for our next Support Engineer?
- Why do you enjoy working as a Support Engineer rather than other technical roles (e.g., software engineer/developer; DevOps)?
- If you have them, share examples of Support content you’ve personally created in support of an API or third-party developers (e.g., How-To videos, knowledge base articles, FAQs on using APIs). Don’t have any of your own examples? Share some examples that you think are really good and tell us why.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visas__.__
To apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=DECISIV&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US