Headquarters: Remote URL:
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make ecommerce easier for everyone.
Our Core Values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of almost 90 people is growing quickly. We’re currently looking for a Service Desk Analyst who wants to make a difference on a growing Customer Services team.
- The Frontline Service Desk Analyst is part of a team that is the first line of contact for customers experiencing issues with implementing TaxJar's products and services. This team is also a first line of contact with non-customers who have questions about sales tax compliance in relation to the solutions that TaxJar offers.
- This team must be passionate about resolving problems and answering questions with a sense of urgency.
- Queries will range in complexity from basic sales tax consulting, ‘how to’ questions, account onboarding and basic troubleshooting
- This analyst will be responsible for basic diagnosis and analysis of customer issues and be expected to provide first level analysis and documentation to the Tier 2 support team.
*This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the continental US only.
As a Service Desk Analyst you will
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, e-mail and online requests for help with TaxJar’s products and services
- Answer sales tax consulting questions
- Clearly identify, document, and find solutions for customer issues and product problems
- Provide Tier 1, first point of contact and basic troubleshooting for customer issues
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and Tier 2 support
- Track all customer requests and product feedback
- Report on ticket trends or FAQ’s in the inbox
- Someone with prior experience or interest in eCommerce or SaaS support
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications, with both our team and our customers
- Curious--you enjoy digging past the surface of a question
- Comfortable working with technology and providing technical support
- Able to approach success from the customer’s point of view
- Extremely patient... sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain :-)
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax (It’sa big topic!)
- Attentive to details
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Are a PRO at communicating
- Excel at writing (we’re very serious about this.) You have tip top writing skills and know your way around the do’s and don'ts of grammar
- Are well-experienced at working remotely as part of distributed team
- Are accountable
- Are willing and able to dig into our internal and external resources to find answers to customer questions. (Remember, forty-five states and Washington D.C. have a sales tax and they’re all...different.)
- Are looking for a culture that prioritizes shipping products and going to market quickly
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (we’re all peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Align with TaxJar’s core values
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer service or helpdesk role supporting software technology
- Adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and works well on their own or as a member of a team
- Excellent Customer Service skills and a demonstrated success exceeding customer expectations
- Familiarity with analysis and debugging skill a plus
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer handling skills
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.