Contract or Employment depending on region/jurisdiction Initial part time to eventual full time position 100% Remote
Holo is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace that enables the hosting of peer-to-peer applications by everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo is an app built on Holochain, our new open source, framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is lightning fast, massively scalable, cost effective, resource efficient, and eco-friendly.
To help fuel the growth of new patterns of technology and social interaction, we are also seeding the growth of a Holochain Application (hApp) Ecosystem and training a developer community that will build many more apps.
As a Holochain Developer Advocate, your role is to equip developers in our community to build distributed applications and help grow the ecosystem. Your focus is developing tools and training developer communities (online and offline).
Essential Responsibilities Include:
The role is a mix of building tools & resources, delivering trainings & presentations, and building relationships.
Building Tools & Resources:
- Develop first-class developer scenarios and demo apps, collateral, and training material to demonstrate the value of Holochain and build excitement.
- Write production-quality code and contribute to Holochain tools, applications, core components, mixins, tutorials, and examples.
- Commit, review, and test Holochain-Core code.
- Participate in the full Holochain app development process, as well as UX development & optimization.
- Comfortable with full stack web and mobile/desktop software development; for example, progressive web front-end, web services, web application, and optional native mobile/desktop development.
- Excel in software architecture, including creating composable libraries and starter applications for use by developers in the ecosystem.
- Create technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific solutions or use the Holochain Development Kit (HDK).
Training, Webinars, and Presentations:
- Educate and empower developers through technical workshops and webinars.
- Speak and share your expertise at developer groups and conferences.
- Willingness to take the stage—a developer advocate needs to deliver presentations that are effective.
- Present technology with enthusiasm and authenticity to developers, developer managers, and CTOs.
- Deliver presentations at Meetups, Hackathons, Developer Challenges, and significant community events.
- Submit papers to speak at relevant technical conferences.
Building Communities and Relationships:
- Build strategic relationships and partnerships with individuals, companies, and organizations with whom we share common communities.
- Advocate on behalf of our development community so that they feel their voices are heard, concerns are addressed, and feedback is incorporated into key development decisions.
- Support our developers wherever they are—on Mattermost, forums, Stack Overflow, and everywhere in between.
- Create new market opportunities and identify innovative solutions to expand developer engagements.
- Be an inspiring leader in the market and the voice of developers in the ecosystem.
Your skills and experience:
- You are a community leader and understand the vital work that is involved in ecosystem management. Developers are one of the most valuable constituencies in our ecosystem today; as such, our developer community can help catalyze the expansion and adoption of Holochain.
- You are a forward-thinking developer, masterful communicator, and ecosystem influencer.
- You have passion, curiosity, technical depth, and extraordinary communication and presentation skills.
- You have solid and diverse engineering skills—have a good pulse of current development technologies across several platforms.
- You geek out over building apps, finding solutions to hard problems, interacting with other developers and derive intrinsic satisfaction from helping others learn by doing.
- You are a friendly and approachable person, as well as a great mentor.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction.
- You also can speak the language of business and understand how these technologies align with an organization's business and technical needs.
- You are able to work irregular hours and some weekends to support Hackathons, conferences, and other developer events (online and offline).
In an ideal world:
- You can demo an application that you have built using the Holochain Development Kit (HDK) as part of the interview process.
- 5+ years of engineering or software developer experience
- More than 6 months participation in the community, familiarity with Holochain, and/or distributed technologies
- Proven experience of advocacy for a technology
- Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, website, etc.) are greatly appreciated
Some details about what we offer:
- Generous salary (National Currency)
- Generous crypto pay program (HOT & HoloFuel)
- Supportive team trial period
- Regular team meetings (video and in person)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged, and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer that celebrate a diverse, creative, and collaborative team.