Headquarters: Durham, NC URL:
WeaveUp is seeking a back-end focused developer with DevOps experience to help scale our infrastructure. This position will be primarily focused on DevOps with the ability to contribute to back-end development of our REST API.
Our cutting-edge cloud-based software applications bring innovation to the textile and design industries. As an industry leader, we empower companies to maximize the potential of the digital printing revolution. Our team works with top tier clients in various verticals, including apparel, interior design, and major retail. WeaveUp runs on a Ruby on Rails back-end API that is consumed by a web interface and connected to digital printing facilities. Our unique end-to-end digital textile platform includes proprietary modules that support image upload, automatic color separation, in-browser image customization, and print room automation.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Build robust, scalable applications to support the growth of the WeaveUp website
- Collaborate with the team to plan and develop new features
- Improve code quality by practicing TDD, writing unit tests, participating in code reviews
- Monitor hosted applications for performance and troubleshoot issues as needed
- Contribute their DevOps experience with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, and Docker
Bonus points if you have:
- An awesome attitude, the ability to pivot quickly, and do the hard work to help the team meet their goals of creating a great customer experience
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails and AWS
- The experience needed to build and improve a REST/JSON API, and help the team integrate with third-party APIs
- At least five years of experience with back-end development
- A customer-first focus with a willingness to step up and wear many hats
- A desire to be a part of an Agile team - adapting to change and continuously learning
- You’ll get to work on a product with demonstrated value for customers, and take it to the next level.
- We have a culture that values productivity, accountability, and communication over politics and process where you are encouraged to think outside of the box.
- We have worked hard to build and maintain a tight-knit, supportive team where everyone feels comfortable and included.
- Our management team is committed to supporting each individual, fostering talent, and allowing room for growth.
- Flexible vacation policy that allows you to take time off when you need it.
We are building a team in Durham, NC as well as a distributed team. You can work from anywhere in the US for this role. We offer competitive pay, solid benefits, and equity.