Headquarters: Global URL: https://enjin.io
At Enjin, we’re building out our core technology team and are looking for a backend engineer to join our world-class global development team.
Who you are:
You are a self-motivated and product driven engineer. You love to code and have a strong desire to learn. You are a humble, yet confident, and are an effective communicator despite not sharing an office with any of your team mates.
You are a pioneer. You are framework agnostic and can articulate the tradeoffs between competing technologies based on the requirements of the problem you are trying to solve. You write secure, robust, and maintainable code that is used in high performance, high traffic, and high-security environments. You are a proactive problem solver and are always looking for ways to contribute to the team’s success. You are sensitive to budgets and time constraints but always aim for quality.
What you’ll do:
- Implement robust, fault tolerant, blockchain based web services for game developers.
- Build APIs and web applications for mobile, browser, and game engine clients.
- Peer review other team members’ code and learn and adapt from peer review of your own code.
- Support product management with technical information to create project plans.
- Investigate new technologies and how they can be applied.
- Maintain existing Enjin services for millions of users.
- Participate in DevOps to maintain the high availability of our services.
- 5+ years of backend development.
- Proven track record with product releases.
- Expert level in PHP.
- Experience with Laravel.
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL.
- Knowledge of GraphQL, NodeJS, Java, C#, C++, Rust, and Go is a plus.
- Proficient with Linux systems and servers.
- Experience in version control systems like git.
- Ability to lead a team, mentor, and work with other developers.
- The drive and the passion to learn everything there is to know about your field and always improve.
- Experience with testing and behavior driven development.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to share insights and expectations with clients and other staff members.
To apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IbpxeOJAn_3P51vCZz3L5Q698VoeL7j8b4yeuaxOkdA