Headquarters: NYC URL:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Data Engineer who knows Python, Data Modeling, and SQL and is willing to learn. You will be a member of our Data Engineering team focusing on the creation and maintenance of our Data warehouse/Data Pipeline and services that support GA’s technical ecosystem. You will also maintain and improve several of our existing applications. Our expectations for the role and your responsibilities are…
- Usually at least 3 years of experience being a professional Data Engineer.
- Works mostly on clearly defined and scoped individual features or problems. Able to debug typical problems without assistance; more difficult problems requiring guidance.
- Should be able to help associates and peers in an informal mentor role.
- Provide material feedback, find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with guidance and is seen as a team player who can gain the trust and support of others in the team.
- Capable of directing junior staff on a project.
- Data Engineering Concepts/Programming is well understood, more advanced concepts may only have fundamental knowledge.
- Follows established patterns and approaches within existing code bases. Some assistance may be required.
- Work is reviewed with the occasional need for material direction or implementation changes. Capable of reviewing work produced by their team, potentially with guidance.
- Follows professional team and organizational standards. Helps maintain professional standards for the team.
- Writes code with good test coverage; may not know the best way to approach testing in all scenarios.
- Able to competently work within the organizations local-development strategy; may provide basic support for associates.
- Basic knowledge of system-level tooling. Capable of more advanced development tool workflows for local debugging.
- Fundamental knowledge of source control expected. Expected to know some advanced features. Expected to practice at least one form of source control flows (e.g. gitflow).
- Understands fundamental concepts of systems development life cycle (SDLC), and monitors adherence to all practical aspects.
- Should be aware of business value in work being done. Not expected to be able to prioritize own work in terms of business value.
- Strong SQL and Python skills. Comfortable in ETL, data modeling, star schemas, and data marts.
- Any experience in analytical visual tools like Tableau or Looker a plus.
- Any experience in Amazon services, especially Redshift, EC2, and Kinesis a big plus.
- Responsible for maintaining professional standards for your team.
- Self-directs work and provide guidance to associates on tasks related to existing projects.
- Provides front-line assistance for maintaining 24/7 service uptime for the organization.
- Proactive in working to define, and update, your career path with management.
- Assist in the on-boarding and off-boarding of engineers using existing processes and methods.
- You assist in ensuring all hires meet and exceed the GA talent bar.
- Is responsible for understanding which operations affect the scope of the budget.
- Maintain and grow our Data Warehouse, Data Pipeline and Data Marts.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and suggest requirements.
- Remote / flexible working hours
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Education Allowance
- Gym Allowance
- Apple MacBook Pro + External Monitor
Who can apply?
You are living in or willing to self-relocate to...
- The USA in any of these states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, MA, NY, NC, TX, VA and/or WA