Base · Apr 4th 2019
Headquarters: Greenville, SC URL: https://basehq.com
High Alpha is hiring key team members for a new B2B SaaS startup in Greenville, SC or full time remote!
Base is focused on improving the work lives of Executive Assistants. We know that EAs don’t currently have a software platform that caters to their needs, and there is a need for a solid EA support community – we aim to change that!
We are looking for passionate and driven product engineers who are excited to create something completely new with a high-caliber, mission-oriented team. The ideal candidate will look forward to working alongside a collaborative team using the latest emerging technologies to design, build, and deliver a high quality, robust solution for our users.
If you’ve ever been interested in joining a fast-growing early-stage company with seasoned-leadership and significant potential as a member of the initial engineering team, this is it!
Some of the things we look for:
* 5+ years professional software development experience
* Experience developing large-scale applications utilizing a variety of languages and technologies
Deep understanding of how to leverage data to build better products
* Experience building APIs at scale (logging, monitoring, alerting, etc.)
* Deep experience with Node or another server-side language (Golang, Python, etc)
* Comfortable with modern JS development, especially within larger reusable frameworks like React, VueJs or others
* Fluency with leveraging the latest cloud offerings from Google/Amazon, producing a scalable microservice architecture, and optimizing for user experience
* Experience in an Agile or Lean software environment
* Knowledge of continuous deployment practices, including automated testing and continuous integration
* Experience working and collaborating with a team of fellow engineers and designers
* Comfortable communicating to business stakeholders and creating documentation
* A desire for professional development and continued learning
* You’re self-motivated and comfortable working in an iterative environment and can take minimal direction to drive to desired goals
If you don’t fit this description perfectly, in particular, if you come from an under-represented group, however, you would consider yourself a Senior-level Full Stack Engineer, please apply.
* Experience integrating with 3rd party API’s like Calendar (Google/Microsoft), * * Analytics Providers, SendGrid, Twilio, and others
* Knowledge of Distributed/Concurrent systems and experience utilizing microservice architecture best practices
* Experience with deep learning, machine learning, AI
* Experience in engineering leadership, with a proven track record of leading software projects from inception through development and successful deployment
* DevOps experience scaling cloud environments with Kubernetes
* Mobile app development experience
Our team members can look forward to:
* Seasoned and diverse leadership team
* A fun, flexible, remote work environment, with a passionate mission-oriented team
* The chance to help establish company culture, best practices, team norms, and foundations of engineering
* Competitive pay for a new and growing company
* Stock options
* Benefits not typically offered at new startups such as Health insurance and parental leave
* Unlimited flexible paid time off
* Monthly Tech stipend
As a new company we are constantly learning and evolving, but there are a few important themes that don’t change:
We Are Autonomous
Engineers should be free to solve problems rather than work task lists. We recognize how important it is to invest in creativity and knowledge.
We build small features, frequently deploy, test, and learn from each release. Rather than ride a release train we perform multiple deployments a day so that we can realize business value as quickly as possible.
We Are Open
There are no silos here. Our engineering team works in lock-step with the other key areas of our business to build a product our customers love. We want to share our successes and learnings with each other as we continue to grow