Nathan James · Mar 22nd 2019
About Nathan James:
We are a design-first, home furnishing company focusing on the habits of urban dwellers and first time home buyers. We pride ourselves on the best in class customer happiness, providing the highest possible quality products that are affordable for the masses with easy assembly.
With the current state of technology and the desire for flexibility, we decided to build a remote company. There are no geographic restrictions, which allows us to hire the best in class people. We encourage our team members to have control over their own schedule, that being said, slippers & sweats are mandatory and sitting in traffic is not an option. Time management is super important as we all know how distracting that overflowing laundry basket can be. It would be ideal if you have experience working remotely.
We embrace what is best for the company and best for our team - long-term, sustainable, healthy ways to support growth with good people.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
The director of operations is responsible for overseeing all aspects of inventory, purchasing, order fulfillment and logistics. Other duties include leading & growing the operations team, managing relationship with our 3PL warehouse and managing relationship with our freight forwarder/customs broker. This person will report to the COO.
IN THIS ROLE
● Lead and grow the operations team
● Responsible for relationship with 3PL warehouse and freight forwarder
● Manage imports of 300+ containers per year
● Implement SOP with the 3PL warehouse
● Create and lead cost reduction initiatives
● Oversee sales forecast and purchasing
● Manage inventory and ensure turns and other KPIs are optimized
● Develop efficient internal/external procedures and work with our technology team in order to automate tasks
● 2-3+ years of experience as a leader in an E-commerce operations role
● Experience in project leading 3PL search or change
● Strong Excel skills (Vlookup, pivot table, conditional formatting, etc.) to manage the whole supply chain
● Have experience working with 3PL and freight forwarder
● Experience in creating and implementing efficient standard operating procedures
● Strong analytical skills and understanding of reports
● Comfortable working with an ERP and other web platforms
● Ability to travel a 3-4 times per year to Los Angeles to visit our 3PL warehouse
● Experience in a small-size/medium-size company with high growth