Headquarters: Austin, Texas URL: https://waldophotos.com
Waldo Photos is a photo finding platform empowering consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Users can enjoy life’s most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones or share images of others they’ve taken without having to lift a finger – whether between friends and family or a professional photographer.
We're looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. The ideal candidate:
• will enjoy coding at all layers in a web application stack
• will be fluent in modern web application frameworks and design
• will understand how great UX contributes to customer acquisition and retention
• will learn whatever is necessary to get the job done
• will write clean, elegant, simple, testable code
• will be comfortable with git, pull requests, and code reviews
• will take pride in their work
• will want to work with others who do the same
While we're based in Austin, Texas we have team members across the globe. We are open to remote, international, contract. But we do need full-time commitment.
- At least 3 years experience deploying high quality, modern web applications.
- At least 1 application in production with the ability to talk in depth about your contributions. Actually shipped a Universal JS application.
- Experience using React.js, Redux (built and shipped) and in-depth understanding of React’s paradigms and ecosystem - React Apollo / Relay and GraphQL experience will be considered a plus.
- Very strong markup and styling skills (HTML5 / CSS3 / CSS preprocessors) with a keen eye on design.
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience designing, building and reading JSON APIs (we're using GraphQL).
- Experience with GraphQL and related libraries like Relay and Apollo.
- Contributor (pull requests) to libraries in the React eco-system (React.js, react-router, redux), or other major JS libraries.
- Active blog or personal website with writings or projects demonstrating a continued learning, curiosity and interest in the latest and greatest front-end techniques and tools.
- Interested in Node.js backend work or back end work in other languages (we use Python, Clojure, Go and whatever language/library/platforms is right for the job).
- Experience architecting functional reactive front end applications.
- Ability to work remote from anywhere in the world
- East Austin office that is dog-friendly
- Flexible vacation
- Unlimited high fives (both virtual and in-person)
- Type: Full time (employee or contractor)
- Location: Austin or remote
- Equity: Stock Options