Girls Who Code is seeking enthusiastic, responsible Operations Specialists to support our students, families, and partners in their registration process for the 2019 Summer Immersion Program (SIP). This unique program, which lasts for seven weeks, provides students with instruction in web development and design, robotics, and mobile development. Cohorts of 20 girls are embedded in each partner host site and receive both mentorship and exposure to top female engineers and entrepreneurs. This year, Girls Who Code will be hosting 81 SIP classrooms across the country.
This is a part time, temporary (up to 25 hours per week) position from April through August 2019.
Operations Specialists will support:
- Proactively contact students and their families via phone banking, individualized email campaigning, and/or SMS campaigning to support them through the registration process
- Review student registration forms and provide technical support to student families who are running into registration completion issues
- Update our program database with any new information regarding the student’s acceptance into the program
- Report and log any challenges and issues during the registration process
Classroom Program Launches:
- Provide administrative support to ensure effective launch in each market
- Provide support to students and their families offering information about expectations throughout the program
- Follow-up on attendance issues and flag to GWC any individuals that may not be returning to the program
- Support students on waitlist to seamlessly register for program
- Create landing pages for each classroom to provide information related to the program, events, and instruction
- Participate in virtual weekly check in with full-time GWC staff member
- Additional projects as assigned
- 3+ years of experience with operations, education, HR, or customer service or customer facing role. Prior experience with non-profits or start-ups a plus
- Language Requirement: English, Spanish a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation and people skills with an ability to balance priorities, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Google Suite and Salesforce preferred
- Fastidious record keeping and organization
- Reliable internet connection
- Experience within academically and culturally diverse classroom communities
- Comfortable working independently and being a part of a remote, distributed team
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technology platforms and tools
- Passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.
The post Operations Specialist appeared first on Jobspresso.