At Stack Overflow, our mission is to serve developers. Whether we’re helping developers get answers to their questions or find new jobs, we build products that make millions of developers’ lives better every day.
Stack Overflow Enterprise is our commercial product offering which allows companies to host their own private Stack Overflow Q&A website. Companies receive all of the benefits of our public Stack Overflow Q&A engine with the added security and peace of mind of a privately hosted instance.
As a Customer Success Engineer, your job is to help our customers get the most out of our Enterprise product. Pre-sales, you’ll work with customers to help them understand our offering and how it can fit into their current environment and development practices. Post-sale, you’ll work directly with customers to receive and resolve questions, concerns, issues, and ensure a successful deployment with Stack Overflow. You’ll build relationships across the Enterprise team and work collaboratively, combining your customer service expertise with our experienced product team to escalate and resolve customer concerns and deploy updates. This is an opportunity to engage at the intersection of code, systems, sales, and customer success, while also learning the ins and outs of operating a growing software business.
Customer-facing employees often have the best information about what’s frustrating in a product, and often have the power to increase the value of important relationships. We know that you can’t think strategically and objectively if you’re only allowed to answer support questions for customers, so we make sure that you get time to focus on higher level goals that will improve the product — whether that’s working with the PM to reshape features, solving that really hard bug, or writing great technical documentation to reduce future support burdens.
What you’ll do:
- Lead pre-sale technical conversations to guide prospective customers through understanding the customer’s technical environment and organizational challenges, then use your knowledge of Stack Overflow Enterprise to show them how we can help
- Engage with and maintain strong relationships with Enterprise customers by receiving and responding to questions, concerns, and feedback
- Perform basic troubleshooting of common issues, working with and escalating to the development team as required
- Follow-up on previously escalated issues by tracking their progress and ensuring their completion in a timely manner
- Identify trends in needs and problems across customers and surface them to the team in order to better the product and lower future support burdens
- Ensure that our customers have the best possible experience with our product and team
- Mentor other members of the Customer Success Engineering team
What we’re looking for:
- 2 years of hands-on technical customer sales and support experience which involved identifying and resolving technical issues
- SQL skills. You can read and write SQL queries, know how to do joins, and can understand a schema
- Ability to understand the needs of our customers and create an effective plan to install and maintain our Enterprise product in their environment
- The ability to communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English
- A proactive and empathic approach to dealing with customers and users. You like to see the world through their eyes, and get ahead of their issues with fixes and improvements
- Ability to work cross-team and communicate effectively with people from a variety of different backgrounds and different levels of technical ability
- Technical writing skills. You may have written technical documentation at a previous job, or excel at communicating technical concepts to non-technical people
- Strong organizational skills. You’ll be juggling multiple customers and issues at the same time, and need to be able to stay on top of things and maintain regular communication with both customers and the rest of your team
Nice to haves (not required):
- Experience in both a pre-sales and post-sales environment
- Experience with our tech stack: C#, MS SQL, Elasticsearch, Redis
- The ability to read and navigate a codebase. You can take a stacktrace and work your way through to understand what is really happening behind the scenes
- Networking and firewall configuration and troubleshooting experience
What you’ll get in return:
- Ability to work remotely, with flexible hours (subject to our SLAs of course)
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Completely free health insurance – no copay, no premiums (US residents)
- Stock Options
- Generous parental leave (10-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
The post Test Engineer appeared first on Jobspresso.