Headquarters: Boston, MA URL:
At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants.
As we scale adoption of our product domestically and internationally, we will accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation. By joining our data team, you will play a foundational role in supporting this mission by organizing Reify’s growing data streams under a unified structured knowledge system/ontology to support the development of inference engines and a host of other intelligent features.
- Work with the data team to organize growing temporal/atemporal data into structured knowledge and integrate this knowledge into a customized clinical ontology relevant to Reify Health’s sites and sponsor stakeholders
- Develop systems to support the maintenance and expansion of the structured knowledge system including a query engine, API layer, and monitoring system
- Design and develop systems to support supervised and/or unsupervised knowledge discovery and classification
- Integrate knowledge systems with a growing Kappa-style data architecture and existing application architecture supporting StudyTeam
- Support the integration of knowledge architecture into inference engines which support intelligent recommendations, matching, and insight generation for clinical sites and sponsors
- Become intimately familiar with HIPAA, GDPR, and other applicable regulatory frameworks and how they influence our architecture and development decisions
- Become comfortable working across a stack which uses Clojure, Python and PostgreSQL
- Frequently communicate your efforts to Head of Data and other technical/non-technical stakeholders (product and clinical teams) in clear written, verbal, or presentation form
- Live our data philosophy, which focuses on ethical decision making, being aware of how biased data (and assumptions) can affect results (and people), and being laser-focused on business needs
What Will Make You Stand Out
- A history of practical application in real-world systems (rather than theoretical) and the ability to make intelligent trade-offs in a business context (rather than purely technical)
- Familiarity with existing relevant ontologies or taxonomies in the clinical and/or medical space, such as EPIC, UMLS, SNOMED, MedDRA, ICD-10, etc. so you are informed about which individually/in combination (if any) are suitable for our needs
- Familiarity with modern semantic standards
- Previous practical experience and/or familiarity with technologies similar to OWL, PR-OWL, SPARQL, and/or graph databases
- Previous experience developing and growing structured knowledge systems and/or integrated ontologies in a rapidly growing startup
- Previous relevant experience with NLP and NLU
- Expertise in graph algorithms, probabilistic inference/logic, Bayesian methods
- M.S./PhD in ontology engineering, knowledge engineering, or a related field
- Understanding and experience with distributed systems
- Relevant published work (academic, blog posts, open-source contributions)
- Previous experience with functional programming languages/philosophy (or existing Clojure chops!)
- Experience in a startup environment (as a remote employee using video/chat collaboration tools, if you’d like to work remotely)
- Relevant experience in a healthcare/health-tech company
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options: Compensation varies from mid-level to very senior and is commensurate with your experience.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Coverage: 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: a top-tier health plan covering you in all 50 states (with option of HSA for medical expenses and as investment vehicle) dental, vision, disability (short-term and long-term), and basic term life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify). We enable 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
- Company-provided Workstation: You will receive a brand new Macbook Pro laptop
- Location Flexibility & Transportation: For those working out of Boston, we provide: a free monthly public transportation pass (and are located 2-3 minutes from Downtown Crossing); unlimited coffee, infused water, and more (provided by WeWork); flexibility to work from home as needed. For those working remotely: you can work from anywhere in the U.S. compatible with an EST work schedule. Additionally, we’ll fly remoters in for our quarterly “remoters’ week”, filled with fun activities, good food, and many opportunities to get to know your colleagues better.
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility: Generous paid-time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also completely eschew the “bro culture” sometimes found at startups.
Note: We are currently only considering US citizens or Green Card holders. Thanks!