Headquarters: Boston, MA URL:
At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants.
As we scale adoption of our product domestically and internationally, we will accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation. By joining our data team, you will support the growth of an empathetic, data-driven culture at Reify and play a key role in developing a novel data architecture and intelligence features.
- Work with data team to support development and expansion of Reify's next-generation, cloud-based, Kappa-style data architecture in a functional programming environment using Kafka, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Athena, and other AWS and/or Confluent tooling
- Support the development and scaling of data ingestion, integration, and export services built on top of Kafka, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Support the day-to-day maintenance, upgrades, orchestration, and troubleshooting of our data architecture and tooling
- Use a combination of Clojure, Python, and SQL to support analytics work (statistical modeling, machine learning) and develop/integrate analytics insights into our data products
- Become intimately familiar with HIPAA, GDPR, and other applicable regulatory/security frameworks and how they influence our architecture and development decisions
- Rapidly learn new tools, techniques, and languages as we scale and encounter additional data challenges
- Frequently communicate your results to Head of Data and other stakeholders in clear written, verbal, or presentation form
- Live our data philosophy, which focuses on ethical decision making, being aware of how biased data (and assumptions) can affect results (and people), and being laser-focused on business needs
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience with systems engineering/orchestration and strong ability to understand and work with distributed systems
- Previous practical experience with AWS, Kafka, and Kubernetes
- Deep Clojure experience in a data application context
- Experience with security and regulatory challenges of scaling health data architecture to multiple continents
- Understanding the nuances of testing in distributed/probabilistic systems
- Experience with applied statistics, supervised/unsupervised learning techniques
- Master's degree or doctorate in related field
- Relevant published work (academic, blog posts, open-source contributions)
- Experience in a startup environment (as a remote employee, if you’d like to work remotely)
- Relevant experience in a healthcare/health-tech company
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options: Compensation varies from mid-level to very senior and is commensurate with your experience.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Coverage: 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: a top-tier health plan covering you in all 50 states (with option of HSA for medical expenses and as investment vehicle) dental, vision, disability (short-term and long-term), and basic term life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify). We enable 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
- Company-provided Workstation: You will receive a brand new Macbook Pro for work.
- Location Flexibility & Transportation: For those working out of Boston, we provide: a free monthly public transportation pass (and are located 2-3 minutes from Downtown Crossing); unlimited coffee, infused water, and more (provided by WeWork); flexibility to work from home as needed. For those working remotely: you can work from anywhere in the U.S. compatible with an EST work schedule. Additionally, we’ll fly remoters in for our remoters' retreats, filled with fun activities, good food, and many opportunities to get to know your colleagues better.
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also completely eschew the “bro culture” sometimes found at startups.
Note: We are currently only considering US citizens or Green Card holders. Thanks!