At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Ingest at Elastic:
- Are you passionate about data, about infrastructure, and more importantly about combining the two and turning them to valuable and actionable insights via UI?
- Do you have a deep understanding of how to model and visualize time-series data sets and how to craft meaningful workflows for users who seek to understand the state of complex systems?
If so, we’d love to talk.
If you read this far and think, “that’s me” then you probably won’t need to read any further and we should have a conversation. But if you are in any doubt the type of experiences we expect you to have then the following should help clarify;
What you’ll be doing:
- Innovate and contribute to a Monitoring UI, built on top of the Kibana platform.
- Answer community questions.
- Collaborate with other development teams, quality engineering team and documentation team to execute on product deliverables.
Skills you will bring:
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline and 5+ years of front end development work.
- Experience with one modern MVC style JS Framework
- Experience in building large scale pluggable UIs
- Excellent understanding of UX/UI design principles
- Familiarity with time-series and other visualizations used in monitoring systems
- Experience using monitoring products in production is a plus.
- Experience using and/or operating the Elastic stack is a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- A belief in progress over perfection.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
We’re looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.