Make An Impact On Healthcare
PolicyStat's mission is to improve healthcare delivery through better processes. We help our clients make their policies and procedures easier to find, access, and manage. Hundreds of hospitals use our SaaS application to ensure that this critical information is correct, their staff can find it, and that it supports regulatory compliance.
More than 250,000 Americans die each year as a result of medical error. Many of these deaths could have been prevented with existing best practices for quality and patient safety. A hospital's best tool for standardizing and implementing these life-saving improvements are their written policies and procedures.
Java / Grails Software Engineer
ON-SITE: Indianapolis, IN or Toronto, Canada
REMOTE: Indiana, New Jersey, and other locations
As a critical member of our small product team, you'll assume several roles including back-end and front-end development, on-call support, API design, architecture, operations and database engineering.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java and/or Groovy + Grails
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java Swing
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate on a small team.
- Excellent communication skills and strong teamwork ethic.
- Passion and enthusiasm for creating amazing products and delivering unparalleled user experience.
- Strongly motivated by opportunities to positively impact the direction of the company and products.
- Serve in the weekly rotation for triage of escalated support questions and server alerts.
- Take initiative to address pain points that you and/or the team experience by working to improve the software, tools or processes.
- Review code contributed by the team and get it ready for production.
- Design, develop, document, and write automated tests for new features.
- Proactively analyze, diagnose, and resolve software regressions.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
Compensation and Benefits
- Market-based salary from $70k to $100k+ USD
- Health, dental, vision, disability, health savings account, and life insurance
- 10 paid holidays & PTO: 15 days each year to start; 20 days starting the calendar year of third anniversary
Apply Interview Process
- Application review.
- Complete a work sample (< 60 minutes) in Java or Groovy.
- Phone or video conversation with the team lead (< 30 minutes).
- Culture conversation with team members (on-site, if possible, otherwise remote video conference).
We can hire individuals for full time employment who reside in Indiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, Idaho, Michigan, Florida, or some parts of Canada. If you reside in some other location, we can only pay you if you work under a company.
Click here to apply (Google Form)