** About the Company **
Founded in 2006, we are a privately held company in the performance advertising space. Over the past decade, we have earned and secured a reputation as industry leaders, known for using cutting edge technology and strategy for leveraging real-time predictive analytics to show users the right ads at the right time. We are headquartered in Australia with additional offices in India and China. Our team of 75+ has done over $3B in advertising spend. In 2018 alone, we generated over $50M in revenue.
** Why Stealth? **
This job post will remain in stealth mode, but we will disclose full company details during the the interview process.
We have identified an exciting new advertising niche and are building out a lean team to tackle the opportunity head-on. This subdivision will report directly to a member of the executive team. Due to the competitive nature of the advertising space, we will not be disclosing details concerning the niche here..
This subdivision will create a specialty web application that enables publishers to:
- Command and control their advertising network’s ad tags from a single central system.
- Access detailed analytics about their existing revenue streams.
- Mediate existing advertising ad tags to increase revenue through algorithms
- Strike direct deals with advertisers
You will focus primarily on the development of all server-side logic and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Because you will be working with frontend developers to provide APIs, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary.
** You Should Apply If **
- You are an experienced engineer and like working with a lean team. The team will be comprised of one executive team member, a front-end developer, a back-end developer (yourself), and a business development expert (for the first 3 months)
- You have agency and can think
- You are responsible and can be held accountable for your code
- You like working on MVPs, i.e. “move fast and break things”
- You want to work with experienced entrepreneurs and learn how to build an ROI-positive business
- $96,000-$144,000 per year, commensurate with experience .
- Monthly profit sharing.
- Building and maintaining an Express-based Node.js API for the front-end to use
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementing security and data protection
- Optimizing the application for maximum speed and scalability
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience as a backend developer
- Experience working with large amounts of data which needs to be stored, processed, and accessed reliably
- Experience with Kafka, Storm, Spark, Druid
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it such as Express, Mongoose, etc.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3 (experience in Angular is a plus)
- Hands-on experience in Python, Ruby, Java or C# is a plus
- Experience creating RESTful APIs
- Experience in implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.