vidIQ helps YouTube creators and brands get more views and save time. With over 750k active weekly users, we are the #1 Chrome Extension for YouTube creators. Customers include Red Bull, Buzzfeed, PBS, TMZ, BBC and thousands of the largest YouTube creators. We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors including Scott Banister and Mark Cuban. vidIQ is profitable with a team over 15 employees and growing.
The Senior Product Designer will be working to elevate vidIQ offering across platforms on mobile, web and browser extensions. If you have the ability to apply appropriate design methodologies to match diverse project scopes in a growing product used worldwide, this might be the perfect fit for you.
You’ll be working remotely with a team of developers and engineers to deliver products that help millions of video creators leverage data-driven insights to grow their audiences and optimize their content online.
- Execute design efforts across all our platforms (Chrome Extension, Web App, Mobile), from conception with stakeholders to final implementation with engineering.
- Help turn complicated data into meaningful actionable insights for YouTube Creators.
- Balance working on multiple projects at once, while applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel.
- Attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high-quality execution.
- Research other offerings in the video creator space to best understand industry trends.
- Promote and evangelize for best practices, efficiency, simplicity, and design tools.
- Rapidly ideate and validate designs through sketching, prototyping, and testing.
- Help synthesize and communicate user research findings to inform business decisions and build even greater understanding and empathy for our customers and market.
- You have a proven experience working as a full-stack designer (from idea to design, from sketches to high-fidelity visual design files ready for working with developers)
- You’re comfortable with modern Design Systems and the latest design tools (Sketch, Invision, Zeplin)
- You have a humble attitude towards providing and receiving insightful design critique in a constructive team environment
- You’re passionate about technology innovation and keep learning about the latest and best practices in Product and Design
- You take pride in designing simple, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience.
- 5+ years experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team.
- You have demonstrated success in the hands-on interface and user experience design at a user-centric internet company.
- Must have experience with Sketch, Sketch Libraries, Invision, and an interest in learning new tools as the market evolves.
- Proven understanding and experience with UX strategy, user research, usability testing, interface design, interaction design, and prototyping.
- Experience designing for mobile consumer apps and/or subscription services.
- Proven track record in working closely with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders.
- Proven track record in translating high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transforming them into beautiful, intuitive and functional designs.
- Deep understanding of the technical capacities and differences between Web vs Mobile, and iOS vs Android.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a depth of knowledge in user experience, interaction, and visual/user interface design.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse and distributed (remote) teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience in successfully launching products within a SaaS and B2C space.
Bonus (but not required)
- You understand or are interested in the Video creator space (i.e., YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, etc.)
- You have a basic understanding of web development standards (HTML, CSS)
- You’ve worked remotely before
Working at vidIQ
- Competitive salary with potential team profit sharing when we hit our targets
- An exciting multi-disciplinary team where you can grow and learn at a fast pace
- Yearly team retreat where we have fun while working on the big picture together
- A remote flexible work environment
The post Senior Product Designer appeared first on Remotive.