The Flickr mobile team is looking for a forward-thinking software engineer with experience building consumer-facing apps.
We are looking for an engineer with a broad array of interests who can easily adapt to new challenges and explore new solutions to existing problems. We believe that engineering is only a piece of the effort, and that you should be as passionate about code quality and architecture as you are about user experience and design. Ultimately, you love challenges and hard problems that range across disciplines.
- Be a teammate in a tight-knit team of strong, ambitious engineers who are always willing to focus and commit
- Contribute to projects that have a direct impact on team goals, from inception to launch
- Design, develop, enhance, and maintain one of the best photo-sharing apps
- Be active in code reviews and discussions to learn, share knowledge, and improve code quality
- Work on a cross-functional team with engineers, product managers, QA, and designers
- 2–3 years of experience building Android apps in Java
- Experience with client apps and consuming APIs
- Comfort with (or deep, abiding love of):
- Consuming JSON/RESTful APIs
- Concurrent programming and multi-threading
- Memory management
- Building comprehensive test cases for your code
Nice to Have:
- Experience with C
- BS in computer science or engineering equivalent
- Passion for photography
The post Android Engineer appeared first on Jobspresso.