TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is is to make eCommerce easier for everyone.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 60 people is growing quickly! We’re looking for an entrepreneurial, creative and analytical Chief of Staff to support our CEO and the leadership team. The ideal candidate will perform diverse communication functions, that require confidentiality, initiative and decision making. You will be supporting a CEO in a completely remote work setting, so we are looking for a quick thinker who over-communicates and excels in a distributed environment.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
AS A CHIEF OF STAFF YOU WILL
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, including composing and preparing correspondence, completing expense reports, managing calendar appointments
- Plan, coordinate and ensure CEO’s schedule is followed and respected
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with investors and others.
- Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be excited to work in a fully-distributed remote environment with multiple teams.
- Consult with leadership to solicit information, provide critical updates, and coordinate priorities
- Plan team off-sites and events and plan travel effectively
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements
- Analyze, recommend and execute CEO external speaking engagements and event appearances, including conferences
- Organize and run executive meetings, company-wide all hands meetings, and ensure company decks are prepared
- Act as a key stakeholder on special projects as needed
- Fill in gaps where needed, especially if a request does not clearly fall under someone’s role.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting executive level staff in a startup environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Strong administrative skills, ideally supporting a CEO or C-suite member on a daily basis
- You have the perfect combination of patience and an intense bias for action
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate early with both internal and external stakeholders
- Superior attention to detail, with strong process and documentation skills
- Clear, concise writer
- Self-directed, self-motivated and a fast learner
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (Basecamp, chat, zoom, email, etc)
YOU’LL BE A GREAT FIT FOR OUR TEAM IF YOU
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We’ve created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We’re profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We’re always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you’re not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we’ll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.
The post Chief of Staff appeared first on Remotive.