Headquarters: San Francisco, CA (Remote) URL:
QA Engineer Responsibilities
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, your day to day includes creating and implementing tests for a variety of web projects; reviewing and using system, design, and browser requirements; tracking quality assurance metrics; and verifying that completed work meets or exceeds our quality standards. This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to the Director of Project Success.
Your typical work week might include:
- Creating and executing detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases for development and design tasks.
- Documenting existing site workflows and functionality to support iterative site enhancements.
- Ensuring the quality of all work produced in displays and functions as expected in requested browsers and devices.
- Communicating testing results in a clear, thoughtful, supportive, and detailed way in your documentation and with your team.
- Performing thorough regression tests as bugs are resolved.
- Conducting post-release testing.
- Monitoring debugging process results.
- Keeping current with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Recommending process enhancements to improve efficiency within Quality Assurance processes.
- Must have 3+ years of experience as a QA tester or similar role.
- Must have agency experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans, and test cases.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors for developers.
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr).
- Working knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
- Exposure to a variety of project management styles (waterfall, agile, scrum)
- Experience with creating automated tests
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing.
- Experience with performance, security, and load testing.
- Experience with WCAG 2.0 accessibility testing and Section 508 compliance.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related experience.
We know lists of technical requirements can be overwhelming. We’re looking for candidates who care about doing good work for clients and leading strong teams. If this position sounds good to you, but you’re unsure if your skills are in complete alignment, we encourage you to apply.