Headquarters: Remote - USA URL:
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make eCommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 60 people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a Director of Information Security who wants to help us make ecommerce easier for everyone. We are looking for someone who can lead the enhancement of our global organizational security, including oversight of all data/information security policies and programs, security architecture development, and risk management.
*This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the US.
As TaxJar's Director of Information Security you will:
- Be our Data Protection Officer as stated in GDPR regulations.
- Own both internal and external security audits
- Be a champion of securing our customer's information
- Monitor and enforce data access and retention policies
- Lay out and enforce work station security best practices
- Work with our partners to ensure data security standards are adhered to
- Aid in creating a vision for information security aligned with our business strategy
- Oversee SOC2 and GDPR risk assessments
- Create and implement a comprehensive information security program to ensure appropriate levels of confidentiality, integrity, availability, safety, and privacy
- Define metrics to monitor information security, ensuring compliance and governance is met across the organization
- Interface with senior leadership and management across TaxJar to determine acceptable levels of risk for the organization and drive security into business processes throughout the organization
- Maintain expertise by staying abreast of changing data protection laws as applicable to information security
- Continue to keep TaxJar as a leader of information security and regulation compliance
- 6-8 years experience working with information security and regulation compliance
- 2-5 years experience in a leadership position
- Expert knowledge of GDPR, SOC2, and other data regulation policies
- Extensive experience implementing, documenting, and auditing security practices
- Superior attention to detail, with strong process and documentation skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated and a fast learner
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (Basecamp, chat, zoom, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
Certification as a Privacy Professional (CIPP) is preferred
Only want to work remotely
Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
Highly value working with people you like and respect
Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy (we’ll actually pay you $500 a year to take time off!)
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.