Accella · Jan 22nd 2019
This position is for US residents only.
Accella is looking for a developer with experience building websites and modules in Wordpress. The candidate will need to show an expertise in Wordpress development that goes deeper than basic theming and should have experience customizing plugins and integrating with third party applications and services.
In addition to Wordpress experience, we are looking for a contractor with a mixed skillset, including experience developing native or React based mobile applications and/or experience with Ruby on Rails development. While the initial work will be Wordpress focused, we are looking for a well-rounded individual with a strong technology background that can be a resource on future projects.
We will heavily weigh the applicants problem solving skills. Must be highly motivated and a serious self starter.
Must have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical resources. We are looking for someone that enjoys being part of a team and will offer feedback and ideas in order to design and develop the most solid and extensible products for our clients.
We want a leader, an ideas person, and someone that is eager to work on multiple challenging projects, sometimes simultaneously.
What we expect in a candidate:
- BS in Computer Science, BS in closely related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Candidate must be located within the US, but can be located anywhere around the country
- 3 years experience with Wordpress development
- At least 5 years experience with software development
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Problem-solving and creative mindset
- Experience thriving in a high-performance, results-oriented organization
- Experience and proficiency in interacting with external clients
- Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus
- Experience with mobile development a plus