- You will be responsible for architecting and building distributed systems
- You will use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- You take part for testing, metrics, continuous integration
Why we think this position is worth applying for (challenge us!)
- You have experience with more than one language and a strong architectural background. One of these languages is Go.
- You love to automate things and you are used to deploy in production multiple times a day
- You are a profound Linux user
- You have worked with docker, experiences with kubernetes, prometheus are a bonus point
- You prefer to build your applicatinons as multiple services instead of a monolith
- You know the concepts of CAP theorem, paxos/raft concensus, distributed databases and message passing
- We (and our customers) are currently mostly distributed around Europe (around UTC), thus, your main timezone should be somewhere between -2UTC to +2UTC to ensure better communication.
- Impact, Impact, Impact! We are a remote-first organization with 26 people with 15 nationalities (located in 10 countries). Every new team member changes the team. This is great! People who know things we don’t are highly welcomed.
- “It’s better to ask forgiveness than permission” (Paolini) – sure, it’s not 100% like this, but we have a strong culture of failure which is part of our agile mindset. We don’t do things like in the guidebook. You can try things out!
- We play a key role in our customer’s digital transformation. We have partnered up with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft to provide our solution on their cloud platforms – more will follow.
- We serve some of Europe’s leading organizations and are talking to many more.
→ WHY US?
We’d like to give you a glimpse on what working with us is like:
Creative work needs freedom and openness. We encourage you to do your work wherever and whenever you want. We expect passion and encourage sustainability. If you need rest, take it. We don’t count holidays – we count outcome.
Our ambitious goals are only achievable as a team. Everybody’s input is highly welcome and appreciated. Although sometimes rules and processes are necessary, we try to keep them as lean as possible. Always question the status quo and find new ways of collaboration and teamwork.
Learning is mandatory and fun at the same time. If you realize you want to expand your knowledge in a specific area, we support you with conferences, books etc.
We offer fair (transparent and open) salaries with benefits like choosing your own laptop and a monthly perk compensation. Additionally, you will participate in our stock options program. Currently our team members have more children than we are employees. So family friendliness is a must.
We don’t hiring job descriptions, we hire humans. We welcome applications from everybody, regardless of ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Even though English is our company language, we also welcome CVs/applications in German.
Interested? Questions? Contact Larissa.
The post Platform Engineer for Containers appeared first on Remotive.