Headquarters: New York, NY URL: CafeMedia.com
AdThrive’s Marketing Specialist supports AdThrive’s external communications. This person has a passion for supporting independent content creators/publishers and is a versatile team player who can plug into a quickly growing marketing function of a tech-focused customer service organization.
The Marketing Specialist helps tell AdThrive’s dynamic story -- that we make publishers more money so they can do the things that they love. AdThrive serves as a trusty guide in a notoriously untrustworthy industry, and this person will have a keen understanding of the complexities of the digital media landscape and in particular, the needs of high-performing bloggers.
Housed in Marketing, this person must be able to work across teams, including working closely with Publisher Experience/Comms, as well as with others including Sales. Should be able to understand and translate technical topics to a variety of audiences. Must be able to synthesize a large volume of information on a deadline, and be willing to jump into a variety of projects.
We’re looking for someone with a strong strategic communications background, able to craft and drive company messages, maintain our public face through strategic, careful use of social media that aligns with who our company is and supports our bloggers. You think critically, see landmines, understand the climate, plan ahead. You’re proactive, bright, and have experience handling important messaging with caution, care, and foresight.
Contribute to development and implementation of AdThrive’s external messaging, including:
- Writing/Editing/Content Creation
- Creates and manages editorial calendars for website, blog, and publisher-facing communications
- Writes and edits blog posts, content for AdThrive website, and other internal and external communications. This content brings to life our business model and successes
- Writes and edits case studies
- Concepts and writes one-sheeters, PowerPoint presentations and various digital and print marketing materials
- Supports publisher team in writing/editing publisher-facing emails, newsletters, and correspondence
- Supports publisher team in contributing to content for social media, including FB Lives
- Manages visual assets and works with graphic design partners
Supporting events function:
- Works with events coordinator to support brand strategy, including development of written materials, review of sponsorship requests, and development of presentations for 10 AdThrive events each year
- Serves as a brand ambassador at events, supporting Marketing Director, events coordinator and AdThrive team in bringing AdThrive story to life through unique experiences and relationship building
You’ll do well if you have:
- Patience, grace, a sense of humor, and some moderate GIF sharing abilities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions
- Always striving to make everything you touch better
- Genuine desire to help others solve problems and succeed
- High level of comfort working in a fast paced environment
- Creativity in your veins
- A willingness to learn new things and adapt to change
- Familiarity with current blogging trends and insights
- 3-4+ years of digital media experience, primarily on the publisher side or serving publishers
- Familiarity with ad tech/language strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s or equivalent
- Experience with being part of a brand strategy team
- Strong writing, editing, and copy editing skills
- Expert communicator with strong presentation skills
- Visual thinker; able to come up with creative ways to tell complex stories
- Be both a creative and analytical thinker
- Data comparison/analysis and high levels of comfort with spreadsheets
- Deep knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem
- Highly analytical and thoughtful
- Self-starter and self-critical
- Understanding of people - what makes them tick, picking up what they mean even if it's different than what they said, etc.
A competitive base salary will be offered. In addition, we offer health/dental/vision benefits, 401k, life insurance, paid vacation/sick/personal time, and many perks.
CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer.