Headquarters: Fully Distributed URL: https://crazyegg.com
Since 2005, over 300,000 websites have used Crazy Egg to understand how their audience experiences their website and their product. We are pioneers in data visualization, in conversion rate optimization, and in helping small and medium businesses get immense value quickly and accurately from incredibly large data sets. That's what we love to do. We are looking for a product and customer minded Full Stack Engineer to help build on that foundation and improve our product, and the tools, technology and platform we use to help our customers. You will be joining Crazy Egg as a Full Stack Engineer and help in scaling our systems and move us towards a service oriented architecture. Here's what that looks like at Crazy Egg, and here are the values you’d be excited to stand behind. As a team we strive for:
As an engineer what we hope you strive for:
- Direct, undeniable, customer impact. We have incredible customers that we're grateful for and we believe the best teammates are the ones who, regardless of function or discipline, are eager and excited to find a way to connect their work directly to customers.
- Trusted independence with interdependence. You are fully trusted as a full owner of the work you do; self-determined, responsible, accountable, and celebrated. With that freedom, you acknowledge, a broader social context. We work together, we partner, we collaborate, and we make sure the work we take on and hand off is done thoughtfully and with care.
- Assume positive intent. All outcomes may not be what we desired, what we expected, or what we needed. But they happened because people take chances and are willing to make decisions. We assume people try their hardest and try their best, we assume their actions started with the most positive of intentions. Every conversation, assessment, piece of feedback, starts with that assumption, on both sides. This ensures our team is built on a foundation of trust.
- Care and inclusion; sincerely. We work at Crazy Egg because we believe in the opportunity, we believe in the vision, we believe in our people, and we believe in our ability to build something wonderful. It is those beliefs that also mean we care about the market, we care about the vision, we care about each other, and we care about building something wonderful. When all of this falls into place, our customers are able to build better businesses and succeed.
Experience and Skills we’re looking for:
- The ability to work independently and with other engineers to develop new user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Have the ability to work on multiple parts of a web application, from internal backend APIs to dynamic frontend interfaces.
- Collaborate with designers, front-end specialists, other engineers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product using the best technologies.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Support of production applications may be required on some projects.
- Mentoring and helping others grow and make an impact
Nice to have, but not required experience:
- Prior experience in developing single page applications - We use Ember.js/React/Redux/GraphQL
- Prior experience developing web applications using web frameworks - We use Ruby on Rails/Node/Elixir/Phoenix.
- Excellent planning, communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding of best practices for web development and software design
Perks and Benefits
- Previous remote working experience (nice to have but not necessarily required)
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Working in a startup environment
- Previous role as a team leader
- Working on web applications that process large volumes of data and/or receive high volumes of traffic
- Using a variety of AWS tools
- Using Docker and Kubernetes in a production environment
We'd like to hear from direct applicants only (No recruiters please.)
- We believe in building the best team possible, regardless of geographic location. Our team is fully distributed all over the world and we believe in working where you’re the most productive and happiest.
- We have full trust in you and believe in finding a good balance. Work should be a paced marathon, not a sprint, and so.
- We have an unlimited vacation policy.
- We provide full benefits of Dental/Medical.
- We believe in supporting your growth and opportunity. Crazy Egg was founded 14 years ago by accomplished founders.
- If you’re looking to learn what it takes to one day break off on your own and start your own startup, we think this is a good opportunity for you.
If you’re interested in joining us, please share a bit about yourself, your background, and why you’re interested in joining our team to email@example.com
To apply: Please send a note sharing a bit about yourself, your background, and why you would be interested in joining our team to firstname.lastname@example.org