Headquarters: Iowa City, Iowa URL:
MetaCommunications, Inc. is a leader in providing innovative project management solutions for the world’s best marketing and creative teams.
We're looking for someone to join our team who wants to help us create next-generation user experiences for our product line.
In the UI / UX Product Designer role, you will drive the design vision. Working with our product team, you’ll translate product strategy and user requirements into full-fledged user experiences for the web and mobile – creating pixel-perfect mockups, user flow diagrams, and interactive prototypes to solve complex interactions. You will regularly work with our engineering teams to collaborate on turning mockups into features, working together to maintain a polished and scalable pattern library. You’ll be expected to use data, competitive research, and analytic rigor in designing our user experiences. Most importantly, you’ll embody a spirit of empathy for our users’ needs, learn constantly, and move fast.
- Defines, designs and delivers the experience for Mfactor and end user needs and expectations
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) in user experience for the business
- Demonstrate thought-leadership to envision and design a desired end state in digital systems or products across multiple business lines that meets business goals and end user needs and expectations
- Implement user-centered design methods and/or design-thinking throughout the product development lifecycle, particularly for larger and/or more complex products or those crossing multiple businesses to shape the strategy and define deliverables specific to the end system or product
- Partner with Solution Architects and Application Developers to ensure their awareness of and leverage successful user experience standards and industry best practices for Mfactor
- Serve in lead capacity with internal resources to explore multiple user-centered design concepts through whiteboard sessions, wireframes and usability studies to gather end user feedback to continually improve the customer experience
- Identify opportunities to leverage these across other products and businesses to ensure more cohesive end-to-end user scenarios
- Develop and review functional and end user requirements specific to digital systems or products with Application Development to ensure their final look and feel is accurate and meets desired expectations of the end user experience
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience
- Documented experience in product design or UI design
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Expertise in creating use cases, journey maps, flow diagrams, prototypes, scenarios and wireframes in the context of product development
- Experience with accessibility standards, cross-platform issues, mobile user interfaces, and systems-thinking
- Proficiency in handcrafting HTML and CSS (particularly HTML5 and CSS3)
- Excellent ability to communicate through presentation and visualization
- User centered, design thinking approach
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results
- Strong project management skills and techniques
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and leverage design as a means to bring clarity to abstract ideas
- Experience in creating, using, and improving wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and red-lined comps to effectively communicate and iterate on your ideas for solving complex user problems
- An understanding of API frameworks and scaling API’s supporting multiple end users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Interaction Design, Computer Science, Engineering, Humanities subjects or another relevant field
- Version control with Git
- Experience designing for iOS and Android
- Familiarity with A/B testing
- Ability to conduct user testing and customer interviews
- Background / experience in SaaS or marketing technology
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and translating market and customer behavior into actionable insights
- Experience in Agile product development methodologies
We're a fun team. We build awesome products, solve hard problems and keep a good work-life balance. Our culture is one of our biggest strengths. Employees treat each other with respect and compassion, and together cultivate a culture of teamwork, learning, accountability, and fun. There’s a commitment to understanding the whole person, helping to create a shared, unquestioning environment.
MetaCommunications develops workflow and collaborative productivity solutions that help marketing and creative teams improve their productivity and deliver amazing customer experiences.
Our mission is to bring to market new innovative brands, products and approaches to help marketing teams improve creativity, performance and output that delivers dramatic growth and created value for their organization. Our vision is to be a global leader in innovative management solutions that allow people to collaborate, communicate and deliver anytime, anywhere, with speed and simplicity.
We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.