We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to launch the Product Management team at Aptible, and own the vision for our Gridiron product.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team. Reporting directly to our CTO, you’ll be responsible for product vision and roadmap. You’ll collaborate across the entire company, driving a shared product strategy across all functional areas while incorporating insights from stakeholders inside and outside Aptible into the product. Initially, you’ll work as an individual contributor, and as the company grows, you’ll have the opportunity to build out a team.
It’s true: Software is eating the world, powered by the Internet. A growing wave of developers all over the world are using web-scale technology to build and deploy healthcare, fintech, banking, payments, IoT, blockchain, machine learning, and other B2B applications.
Security and compliance are mandatory from day one for these teams of developers, but many of them struggle. When their teams are small, they can’t afford to hire full-time for security or compliance. When they scale, they find that existing security and compliance management tools suck.
At Aptible, we make people-centered security products that help developer teams build security into their architecture and their organization’s culture. Today, we have two products: Enclave and Gridiron.
Gridiron is like the missing QuickBooks + TurboTax for security management. It helps developers design and run security management programs that meet and exceed requirements like HIPAA, SOC 2, and ISO 27001. Customers use it to build trust with their own customers and partners, and prepare for certifications. Enclave is a container orchestration platform built for developers that automates security best practices and controls needed for deploying and scaling Dockerized apps in regulated industries.
As Product Management Lead, you’ll focus mostly on Gridiron, but will have visibility into both products and contribute broadly to the Aptible Team.
What You’ll Do
- Own the product vision and roadmap. To borrow an expression from Marty Cagan (author of Inspired), you’ll act as CEO of the product, and hold ultimate responsibility for ensuring that we’re building the right product. We expect you to lead at both the strategic and tactical levels, not only managing overall vision but also identifying quick wins and specific action items.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Growth, Marketing and Sales leads to ensure the product roadmap is aligned with our company-wide strategy.
- Study the market and competitive landscape in order to continuously inform our product strategy.
- Conduct interviews with customers, prospects and others to understand the user experience and inform product roadmap decisions.
About You: Strengths
- Product Passion: As Product Management Lead, you’ll be entrusted with the responsibility and authority to define the vision for our Gridiron product. In exchange, we’ll promise you the resources and leverage you need to build the best possible product. If you’re passionate about building a great product, the rest of our team will get behind you to ensure the product you’ve envisioned is built right.
- Customer Empathy: At Aptible, we build products that empower customers to confidently operate compliance programs and pass information security audits. Most of our customers are unfamiliar with compliance, and yet the success of their business often depends on how well they navigate this problem. Building the best product requires understanding our customers’ concerns and confusion as much as the problem itself, and so we expect the Product Management Lead to empathize with our customers, both in direct interaction as well as in the high-level product vision.
- Communication Skills: Product Management sits at the focal point of the entire company, and as such you’ll be responsible for communicating to and soliciting feedback from nearly every functional area at Aptible. As a communicator, you should be articulate and compelling. You should not only explain and clarify the product vision to the rest of the company, but inspire the team to get behind that vision.
About You: Other Attributes
- Ownership Mentality: You take ownership, responsibility, and initiative. You have a track record of consistently delivering impactful, high-quality work on time.
- People-Oriented: You’re excited to work with a small group of high-performers. You foster collaboration, build trust, and support information sharing with colleagues.
- Love for Learning: You’re looking for an environment that challenges you to gain new knowledge and grow professionally every day. You’re adaptable in the face of change.
- Appetite for Remote Work: You’re ready to work with a fully distributed team, communicating asynchronously, deliberately, and openly across time zones and cultures.
- Passion for Internet Security: You want to create a more secure Internet, and are excited to help innovative companies solve their hardest engineering and regulatory problems.
- Making the Internet safe to trust with sensitive data is a good thing! It’s also pretty fun. You’ll learn a lot about Security, Compliance, DevOps, and SaaS.
- You’ll feel invested in your work and make an impact. We’re highly transparent internally with business strategy, important decisions, and our failures and successes.
- You’ll help build a business for the long-term and invest in a sustainable business model. We’re backed by excellent investors and have the resources we need to do a great job.
- Everyone gets to live in the place that suits them best. We work remotely, and meet up at least twice a year in places like Barcelona, Mexico, and New York. Next Up: Paris?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The post Product Management Lead appeared first on Jobspresso.