Headquarters: San Antonio, TX URL: https://pressable.com
Pressable, a leading provider of managed WordPress hosting, is looking for a talented developer to help us build the world's best WordPress hosting service.
We are looking for these qualities:
- Experience using Ruby on Rails in conjunction with an underlying database like MySQL or similar
- Test driven development using Rspec
- Experience working with SQL databases. Bonus for MySQL/MariaDB.
- The ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to handle all phases of a project on your own, from idea to implementation.
- Self directed with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently without and as part of a team to accomplish goals
- Ability to write and manage documentation at the development level as well as the customer level
- Experience using Git to manage projects and code
- Leadership skills with experience managing engineers at past positions
- Experience with WordPress
- Advanced proficiency with at least one scripting language such PHP or Python
- Advanced proficiency with JS/TypeScript
- Experience with React/Redux
- Experience building REST API's
- Linux (Debian)
- Ansible and systems management tools
- Using debugging skills to solve problems on production systems
- Building maintainable, efficient, and clean code on Pressable's stack
- Daily upkeep, maintenance, monitoring of Pressable's control panel
- Providing thought leadership and direction for Pressable's development team
- Working closely with our systems team to build new features and improve Pressable's stack
- Communicating with Pressable's leadership, and proactively looking for opportunities for improvement
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for under $10. We pay 99% of premiums for you and your family.
- 401(k) Matching. We match your 401(k) contributions up to 6% of your salary.
- Work From Anywhere. Work from your local co-working space, your house, a National Park, or Starbucks. We’re happy regardless.
- Generous Time Off Policy. We want our team members to enjoy a phenomenal work–life balance.
- Team Building. We bring the team together annually for a week-long retreat.