Designers at Treehouse have a passion for the company’s mission. Marketing Designers work on projects that position Treehouse and its brand in a way that effectively communicates the value of the product to our audience.
Treehouse designers are expected to be strong communicators and open with their process/thinking. They frequently work and collaborate alongside their immediate team and across departments. Additionally, they are open to both sharing and receiving feedback/critique with grace and use that input to continually improve their work and Treehouse.
Marketing Designers collaborate and work alongside a dedicated team of designers, developers, product marketing managers, and project managers to help vet hunches, test ideas, track data, and ship work across all parts of the company. They use a broad design skill-set to deliver the best experience possible for existing and future Treehouse students across all aspects of marketing and brand. Additionally, they work to build an understanding of who are Treehouse students are and how their ongoing needs can be met through design.
Designers work hand-in-hand with developers and should be able to design static comps and build them out in the front-end. The team is distributed so maintaining a proactive and self-motivated working style is essential. Everyone plays a role in helping leadership advance the culture of the team in a healthy and positive fashion.
- Create thoughtful, detailed, and exceptionally well executed designs that effectively portray Treehouse and enhance the brand
- Design for A/B and multivariate tests that will optimize and improve conversion rates
- Collaborate and work alongside a dedicated team of designers, developers, marketers and managers to help test new strategies/experiments, track data, design solutions and ship work for the marketing team and cross-functional partners
- Eager to jump in and not only plan big ideas, but tackle the smaller nitty gritty production details, like icons, display ads, illustrations, etc
- Know when to steward and when to evolve the existing Treehouse design language & brand
- Work to understand Treehouse’s current and potential students and how their ongoing needs can be met through quality design
- Provide feedback for video, photography and motion that are intended to be used for marketing purposes
- Maintain a proactive and self-motivated work style
- Support a fast-paced Marketing team, understand that testing is fine so we can learn quickly
- Data-driven and eager to understand core business metrics
- Help leadership advance the culture of the team in a healthy and positive fashion
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in standard design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc)
- Has a passion for landing page testing psychology and methodology – wants to push this initiative forward for Treehouse
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have a talent for analytical thinking and problem solving – you seek to understand problems from multiple perspectives and find their root causes
- Able to design static comps and build them out in the front-end
- Knowledge of using Github to commit is a plus
- Must have relevant online marketing experience, with a track record of success in direct response marketing
- 2+ years of Agency experience or supporting an in-house Marketing team is preferred
- Understanding of campaign language and brand positioning is required
- Proven ability to learn quickly and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to take a project from idea to implementation successfully and consistently
- Ability to iterate and improve designs in a way that is logical and helpful for Treehouse students
- Strong understanding of Marketing process and ability to project manage design work across design projects a plus
- Equivalent of 4 or more years experience in design
- Bonus if you have experience creative/art directing
In addition to joining a fun and innovative company and working in a team-centered, flexible workplace, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Healthcare: Full coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- PTO: 3+ weeks PTO, federal holidays, and 1 week off in late December
- Retirement: 401(k) contribution match – Dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of your salary
- Continued Learning: $1,500 annual education budget (conferences, books, classes, etc.)
- Friends & Family: Share Treehouse learning with the ones you love ($1,000 annual value)
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Allowance
The post Junior Marketing Designer appeared first on Jobspresso.