Treehouse empowers motivated learners to change their lives. We provide real-world technology skills that help students achieve their personal and career goals at their own pace and at an affordable price. We care deeply about our students; we pay attention to their struggles; we help them succeed.
Under general supervision of the Director of Learning the Student Success Specialist is dedicated to coaching, encouraging, and supporting our students studying UX Design by providing the assistance they need to reach their goals. To be a Student Success Specialist you must understand the technical details of UX Design.
But you’re more than a technologist: you work well with people and can explain complex concepts in ways that beginners understand. You empathize and are patient with the struggles of learning a new and complex topic. You’ll interact with students on a daily basis by providing written feedback on projects, communicating via online group chat, participating in forum discussions, promoting student interaction and support, and proctoring final examinations for our graduating students. Most importantly, you’ll help Treehouse change the world, one student at a time.
- Review student project submissions, providing feedback on project quality and grading projects based on a list of project requirements
- QA teacher-produced projects, and revise projects based on student feedback and updates from teachers
- Engage students in an online community by answering student questions, promoting community, and encouraging student participation.
- Monitor quality of peer-reviews, grade disputed reviews and resolve peer review problems
- Provide one-on-one student mentorship via online video chat
- Work with a team of Student Success Specialists to create a consistent approach to fostering a culture of student success
- Work with the Success team to improve program-wide processes
- Entry-level developer experience with UX Design preferred
- Familiarity with libraries and frameworks like jQuery, Vue.js, Angular and React a plus
- Familiarity with Treehouse education strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Ability to create a welcoming experience for new students in live-chat environment. Ability to encourage and support students in a live-chat environment as well as through e-mail, and written project reviews
- Must demonstrate a passion for learning and technology
- Proficient with Google applications such as Google Drive and Google Docs
- Comfortable learning line-of-business systems. Knowledgeable of Web-based applications
- Process and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills High level of initiative, able to work independently and as a member of a diverse and distributed team
- Capable of managing many tasks or projects and able to shift quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Highly collaborative, able to develop effective relationships across the organization and align projects with the direction of the company/department
- Strong listener and an effective coach
- One-on-one customer service experience a plus
In addition to joining a fun and innovative company and working in a team-centered, flexible workplace, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Healthcare: Full coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- PTO: 3+ weeks PTO, federal holidays, and 1 week off in late December
- Retirement: 401(k) contribution match – Dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of your salary
- Continued Learning: $1,500 annual education budget (conferences, books, classes, etc.)
- Friends & Family: Share Treehouse learning with the ones you love ($1,000 annual value)
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Allowance
The post Student Success Specialist, UX Design appeared first on Jobspresso.