Headquarters: Pittsburgh, PA URL: https://www.nurelm.com
We are looking for a developer to help us build excellent mobile apps, web-based applications, and websites. In return, we want to help you put the right mix of the right work into the Big Picture of your life. We work with great clients on fun projects. A few examples of current work include:
- We work with innovators from the beginning, and go from requirements, user experience design, user interface design, to mobile and web app development.
- We are building a mobile app interface which helps patients learn to use prosthetic limbs using their smartphone, Bluetooth force sensors & smart glasses.
- We are working with a world-class team of mobility researchers to continuing development of an exercise app we built for manual wheelchair users which uses a smartwatch, gyroscope, and a smartphone to track health related data on a daily basis.
- Developing custom themes into a Content Management System for various non-profits and businesses.
- We built an interface for a causal inference model built by leading bioinformatics researchers to provide personalized identification of cancer drivers.
NuRelm provides a wide range of experience, plenty of room for professional growth, a fun workplace, and an environment everyone on the team is valued. We are looking for a smart person who loves the Web, loves to learn, and enjoys working on a variety of technologies and projects.
- Wire-framing low & high fidelity mockups within tools such as Sketch, Balsamiq, Illustrator
- Experience with user experience (UX) design and rapid prototyping
- Experience with custom theme development in Content Management Systems and/or e-commerce platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, Shopify, Magento, PrestaShop, etc
- Experience working within Rails / MVC environments, and understanding of data modeling during all phases of a project
- Fluent with Git in a team environment (Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab, etc)
- Experience with Docker or Vagrant and developing locally
- Comfortable with CLI's and navigating containers and managed servers in Linux - Centos, Debian environments
- Understands the fundamentals of how the internet works, including DNS, use of caching, optimization & performance
- Experience with releasing mobile apps to Google Play and or Apple App Store
- Experience with React Native in particular and cross platform development in real and simulated devices Redux, Mobx or other application state management
- Working with Continuous Integration with tools such as CircleCI, TravisCI.
- Able to deploy and migrate websites & databases
- Above average user interface (UI) design skills
- Experience working remotely
- Know your way around typical stacks such as Rails / Unicorn / Nginx
- Familiar and willing to do an occasional project with PHP.
Successful Team Members Will Be ...
- Happy working with a remote team through Slack, Hangouts, and whatever works. Our team includes a local Pittsburgh office, where staff works in the office 2 out of 5 days each week, and completely remote team members.
- Excellent communicators, via written and spoken English, and via technical documentation of processes.
- Hungry learners who love digging deep and keeping up with new technologies.
- Willing mentors who enjoy helping fellow team members develop.
- Willing to work for eight solid hours per day where at least six overlap with 8:30am to 5:30pm EST, including a daily 9am EST team scrum.
- Available to work off-hours as necessary, and participate in rotating on-call schedules.
- Happy to travel occasionally for team meetings and events.
NuRelm has been building web applications since 1999. We help our clients build smart online commerce systems, mobile apps, and custom applications that integrate with the rest of their business. Our clients and employees are our partners, and continuous learning is our passion.
We enjoy our work and lives outside of work. Everyone starts with 3 weeks of vacation, great healthcare, a nice computer / travel allowance, and the ability to telecommute up to 3 days a week.
To apply: Apply at