Headquarters: Newark, Delaware
We’re looking for a PR/communications professional to help us launch and grow a new site focused on small businesses.
In a nutshell, you will be the point man/woman, responding to press inquiries, performing outreach to potential media outlets and websites, and working with the rest of our remote team to get our content placed and in front of the right people.
While this job is remote (anywhere in the world), you will need to be available Monday-Friday overlapping with both Pacific and Eastern time, so you can do interviews.
Ideally, you have a PR, communications, and marketing background, and have worked on similar projects in the past, and can show us proven and successful campaigns that you’ve worked on recently.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Coordinating interview requests and doing the actual interviews (usually for local radio)
- Finding new outlets and doing outreach to get placed in those outlets
- Working with existing outlets you developed in #2 to get even more placements
- Reviewing inbound PR queries from various sources and responding to the relevant ones
- Managing the entire flow of research, outreach, placements, and interviews.
- Develop new tactics and strategies related to our PR
- Coming up with ideas for more PR content and then coordinating with our content team to get it built/executed
What success looks like:
(actual #s to be discussed with individual candidates)
- Increase in placements and articles about our content and message
- Web traffic on a consistent “up and to the right” basis
- Establishment of the brand as a go-to resource for journalists and reporters who report about issues related to small business and the economy
What we’re looking for in a hire:
- Have done something like this before.
- Have previous and good experience working remote.
- Are a detail-oriented person.
- Enjoy talking to and interacting with people.
- Speak and write fluent, mother-tongue English
- Know how to use tools like BuzzStream, BuzzSumo, aHrefs and the like to find PR and placement opportunities.
This position is on a Freelance/1099 basis.
To apply: Please fill out this form: