The Remote Year Travel team owns all program travel across all Remote Year groups and as a registered Travel Agency, offers travel sales to all Remotes(customers), Citizens and staff. Our goal is to support amazing humans who wish to travel, live, and work remotely in different cities around the world.
The Travel Planner’s primary responsibility is to serve as a point of contact for Remotes, find great deals, and book them.
This role is remote and will involve regular weekend work. Early Europe or Asia timezone working hours are preferred.
- Respond efficiently and thoughtfully to customer inquiries regarding travel, engaging in emails, Slack messages, and calls if necessary to offer assistance and find solutions, with the goal of securing the booking and receiving the appropriate commitment payment
- Accurately execute and track all requests through to booking
- Report on travel sales and suggest ways to actively grow this element of our business
- Assist in pre-travel arrangements for program travel, including flight check-ins and seat selection
- Help support the programs over Transition weekend (1x per month, monitoring flights and handling issues as they arise)
- Assist with travel bookings for other staff
- Build crazy good relationships via the magic of the interwebs
- A background in one or more of the following: travel industry or customer service
- Organization skills – excellent time management skills, ability to multitask
- Communications skills – ability to handle multiple, constant communication channels; ability to effectively communicate with program teams and with customers directly
- Data skills – amazing attention to detail and confidence in dealing with large amounts of numerical and non-numerical data
- Excel / Google Sheets – high proficiency
- Google Suite, Slack, and Zoom – high proficiency
- Highly motivated and goal-driven
- Passion for travel and finding incredible deals
- Experience with a GDS (ideally Amadeus)
- Experience using Airtable
- Experience driving towards sales targets
- Experience with Freshdesk
- Remote work experience
The post Travel Planner appeared first on Jobspresso.