Wealthsimple is North America’s largest and fastest growing online investment manager that recently expanded to the US. We make investing easy and accessible to everybody. We’re working on the challenges involved in making investment understandable and easy. We feel strongly about our brand and have twice won a Webby for Best Financial Services website.
We’re growing fast. In 3 years, Wealthsimple has gone from $0 under management to over $2B billion. We have significant funding from strategic investors that will allow us to continue building an amazing product that’s competitive on a global level.
Our Financial Advice team works closely with every part of Wealthsimple, learning the intricacies of how we build products, invest clients’ money, and keep users happy. At Wealthsimple, we are maker-owners, we believe that simple is better, and we do what’s right for each client. You can read about our mission and our team to learn more.
In this role, you will:
- Play a major role in helping us change industry perceptions when it comes to investing. You will be on the front lines talking to prospective and current clients, getting them excited about our product and portfolios, and helping them with any questions or issues that may arise
- Help build Wealthsimple’s early-stage business and team in the United States
- Be a core driver of Wealthsimple’s growth in the US to help transform the company from early-stage to a more established wealth manager:
- Be the trusted advisor to clients individually, helping them to plan and make the right financial decisions
- Book and deliver events to teach prospective clients about investing
- Spearhead initiatives targeting high net worth potential clients
- Assess clients’ goals and objectives and assigning a portfolio mix that will suit them
- Analyze and provide “second opinions” on clients’ existing portfolios to see if Wealthsimple would help them reach their goals and objectives
- Deliver an amazing client experience, no matter what
- Own Wealthsimple’s investment management practice in the United States
- Represent Wealthsimple in the media, at conferences and during speaking engagements
- Help develop long-term sales processes and methods as the team grows
We’re looking for people who:
- Want to make a difference. We are a small team effectively reshaping how people look at the industry. We need people who ‘get it’ and want to play an integral part in helping us accomplish this mission
- Possess a passion and energy for finance and investing. You understand the ins and outs of the wealth management industry, and more importantly, know how to explain these concepts simply
- Thrive in client-facing situations. At Wealthsimple, our clients always come first, and we love the thrill of turning a client’s frustration into a great experience
- You can relate to any client, understand their circumstances and provide a financial roadmap to achieve their goals
- Demonstrate relentless hustle andhave strong sales skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication
- Embrace technology and the role it plays in financial services. Specifically, you have the flexibility to navigate multiple applications simultaneously to deliver unprecedented solutions
- Have great analytical and prioritization skills. You know how to balance what needs to be done with what’s possible to do. You understand the scope of an issue and its priority
- Have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in the retail investment space
- Previous experience working with an Investment Advisor or ETF/Fund company
- Hold the Series 7 designation to provide financial advice to retail clients in the US
- Proven record of high performance (e.g. awards, top quartile performance)
- Awesome people skills and a positive attitude. You will interact with hundreds of clients each day through a variety of channels (phone, email, presentations)
Nice-to-haves (but not necessary):
- Experience with financial planning or CFP designation. Ability to produce and deliver financial plans to clients
This role requires occasional travel.
Wealthsimple is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply.
At Wealthsimple, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.
The post Financial Advisor appeared first on Jobspresso.