Postmark is a cloud email infrastructure product that allows businesses to send and receive transactional emails from their applications. We make it easy for our customers to add email communication to their applications using a full-featured REST API, as well as through the standard SMTP protocol.
What’s it like to work on Postmark
A Postmark backend engineer will primarily write C# code to improve and enhance the API and backend services. You will use/improve/scale out our infrastructure software which currently consists of MySQL, RabbitMQ, and Elasticsearch.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have experience building HTTP APIs.
- Write code using C# and are familiar with the .NET ecosystem.
- Have experience building and scaling infrastructure.
- Can work with and maintain servers using Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Understand when and how to leverage a message queueing system like RabbitMQ.
- Know how to optimize and maintain a SQL database like MySQL.
- Possess the ability to take high-level business objectives and scope and develop appropriate technical solutions to address those needs.
Preferred education and experience**:**
- Have built and supported apps with thousands of active users.
- Understand and adhere to SOLID software design principles.
- Implemented web services using Twelve-Factor app principles.
- Have operational experience managing Linux servers.
- Understand containerization technologies like Docker.
- Understand configuration management tools like Ansible.
- Understand provisioning technologies tools like Terraform.
- Can work with and maintain a document/NoSQL database like Elasticsearch.
- Are familiar with email-specific topics such as SMTP, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.
- Remote-first culture with half the team in Philly and half the team working remotely from all over the world
- Chef-prepared family lunches (in Philly office)
- Full health benefits (100% paid for employee and spouse/dependents)
- Company-paid retreats
- Computer setup of your choice, renewed every 2 years
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Conferences and career development
- Currently experimenting with a 4 day work weeks with flexible hours